PDA

View Full Version : No Fuel In Entebbe

Jacobest
9th Aug 2005, 08:01
Morning all, just a quick info/warning to let all know that there is apparantly no fuel in Entebbe available. We are in El-Obeid and waiting for a king air to come up from Entebbe. We where informed this morning that there is no fuel available because someone did not pay tax and blah.... blah.... blah......

Will keep you posted
Cheers!

Gunship
9th Aug 2005, 08:52
Tx Jaco,

So Zim, Zam and Uganda ... all the same problems ...

:hmm:

Jacobest
9th Aug 2005, 18:32
So the king air cahnged to a 1900. And apparantly there was some politics involved as wel.

The Uganda CAA wanted a clearance from the Sudan CAA stating that the 1900 was allowed to LAND in El-obeid.
Whats next. The SA CAA wanting a clearance from the USA CAA to allow SAA to land in the States.

Lo Guns. BTW went to visit the Todd the other day and he says enough is enough, I agree, so no longer posting on you know what. Living in george now.

Funny though how a brit is the moderator of a african forum. Maybe its time to start our own. Have the time and the webspace, so let me know.
Cheers

Jetdriver
10th Aug 2005, 08:31
If you mean this forum, I wouldn't have thought having a "Brit" as a moderator was all that unusual. In fact this forum has 3 moderators. Although I am currently replying from a computer in Kenya I confess to being a resident of the UK. I wouldn't find it unusual if a Ghanian was a moderator of a "European" forum ?

The forum is moderated within the general rules of the site with some additional latitude given for its regional status. I understand that when action is taken by a moderator on any forum it may be unwelcome or percieved as discriminatory, but that has very little bearing on the moderators location or nationality.

If you do set up another forum as popular as this one then I would be interested to read it and good luck with the venture. One thing you will probably discover quickly is that moderation is needed to ensure problems are minimized and that moderation will also be criticised and so the cycle begins. ;)

PPRuNe Towers
10th Aug 2005, 11:35
Best of luck with the website Jacobest,

It takes time, energy and patience but there's no reason why it shouldn't succeed if you decide to go ahead. Strongly recommended as a fascinating and absorbing interest to take on if you're on the other side of the screen so to speak.

As to the mods - well, best person for the job. A quick glance down our list shows a South African looking after the Middle East, a Dutch national fronting the scandihooligans and so on throughout the site. There's an Australian in Oz for the overwhelmingly UK based airlines ands routes forum and, again, an Australian in Oz covering the UK based Flying Instructors forum.

The whole moderating team for the medical and health area is Southern Hemisphere as is Tech Log and the JBers have an Anglo/Dutch/Italian/French mob holding the fort. There are also 7 Americans and two Canadians working on the site.

regards
Rob

mariusc
10th Aug 2005, 12:21
Like the British say!

"The proof of the pudding lies in the eating of it"

Jacobest! How long has this African forum been running???

Have Fun!

:ok:

PAXboy
10th Aug 2005, 15:12
with some additional latitude given for its regional status. Hhhmmmm, considering what those latitudes might be....[list=a]
PPRuNers drinking too much beer before posting?
Time difference from Europe of 20 years?
Latitudes south of the Tropic of Capricorn?
PPRuNers drinking too much Tassies before posting?
Everybody being outside at the braai when an important thread starts?
[/list=a] :E
(posted by a Brit who is 25% South African)
--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.