PDA

View Full Version : Job vacancies with Virgin LHR

For base attn
24th Sep 2000, 14:39
Ref the current requirement for certifying LAME at LHR/LGW - would anyone currently employed in these positions be prepared to give me some background info via email about terms/conditions etc? I'm considering applying & would like to fill in some blanks.

Thks in advance.

Penn Doff
24th Sep 2000, 16:20
Just a couple of questions for you
1, Are the Engineer jobs being advertised, if so in which publication?
2, How do people contact you when you have given no address?

------------------
"please report further"

For base attn
25th Sep 2000, 15:07
Penn Doff

To answer your questions

1. (a) Flight Int website

(b)Total Jobs.com - http://www.totaljobs.com/tj3_search/tj3_jobdetails.asp?JobID=1298478

(c)Virgins recruitment web site - www.virgin.com/atlanticjobs (http://www.virgin.com/atlanticjobs)

Plus I have an application form in my sticky little hand

2. Clerical cock up now rectified

greaseytech
26th Sep 2000, 12:18
Tried the Virgin Atlantic web site yesterday. They did not have any current vacancies, worst luck.

For base attn
27th Sep 2000, 01:25
Time is short but you could try calling Virgin recruitment on 01483 462493 for an application form. Has to be back by the 29 Sep.

Lisa
28th Sep 2000, 09:39
Life at Virgin OK. Pay a bit on the low side compared to rest of industry now. Main sticking point for new starters is the annual leave. It is now based on hours, which means if you are on shift like you would be, (12 hours shifts) then your annual leave is 14 days plus public holidays! I believe quite a few applicants have turned down the job because of this recently. Apart from that life with Richard is OK. !!

spannersatcx
29th Sep 2000, 00:20
Lisa, European Law says that employees are entitled to 4 weeks paid holiday a year this does not include state/public holidays, that is a minimum of course. Sounds to me that VS are not within the rules on that one. If you are a member then contact the ALAE and they will help you. If not ask the HR/personnel department to comply with the laws in Europe.

jetfueldrinker
29th Sep 2000, 11:52
If you work, say, a 37 hour week, but you work a 4 * 4 shift system, you will work considrably more that the contracted hours, so this becomes rostered overtime. Obviously people who work this shift system, or any other that calculate holiday in hours appear to dip out, but the bean counters claim that on a level playing field, they are no worse off than anyone who keeps regular hours. If you ask me it sux.

Penn Doff
30th Sep 2000, 02:12
for base attention, have sent you an e with any info I can offer. Looked at the adverts you listed, the money sure looks bad!

Lisa, the user name, I am sure, is a smoke screen. Unless you are the new Hangar dweller????????????, will all be revealed (in the best possible taste please)

------------------
"please report further"