PDA

View Full Version : can you fly your heli like this

glyn thrash
9th Aug 2005, 00:21
thought you guys would like to see this..

All the way from the US...

Eric -- ftp://helifreak:[email protected]/EricLarsonHFHIBS7-05.wmv

paco
9th Aug 2005, 05:12
Where's my sick bag.......

phil

rotorspeed
9th Aug 2005, 07:04
Blimey, that is unreal! Makes that German guy in his 105 look like a ppl on his first solo! Incredible what a rotor wing acft (albeit a model) can do, though how the controller keeps orientated I'll never know. Looks fun though - come on Eurocopter/Bell, what about making a real lightweight sports helicopter?!!

Whirlybird
9th Aug 2005, 08:18
Ah, so it WAS a model. Glad to hear it. Still pretty amazing though.

JAF0
9th Aug 2005, 09:41
its funny how similar some of those maneuvers look to what that guy did in the the 300 (im sure you've all seen that video.

Cool video though, the guy must have spent many thousands worth of RC heli to prefect that.

Farmer 1
9th Aug 2005, 10:02
Reminds me of my first solo, except for the landing.

glyn thrash
9th Aug 2005, 22:35
that stuff isn't cheap.. mine run around the 3000 USD range. and i know have put at least 4 in the ground.. LOTS of practice..

RCBuzz
10th Aug 2005, 20:53
Great video! I've just got a collective pitch micro heli (the e-sky CP or twister CP as we call them over here).

Need to upgrade the blades before I can do proper 3D but it's supposed to be able to go inverted etc and it's only just over £200.

Hilico
10th Aug 2005, 20:56
Those lightning vertical descents suddenly ending in perfectly-controlled soft landings - how do RC helis avoid vortex ring then?

Simon853
10th Aug 2005, 21:33
I've never heard of vortex ring states affecting r/c helicopters, maybe because the head speed is so high, (1400 rpm or thereabouts)?

Si

I\'ve just watched the video through to the end. Finishing off with an inverted auto and a last second roll! Wow..

Si

Texdoc
10th Aug 2005, 22:58
Just thinking about the manual dexterity and headspace this guy must have...... gives me a headache!

Tenth of the second control reversals and.... well .... what can you say...

I do not get motion sickness but trying to follow the flight and what control inputs must be required made me a bit queasy.

fulldownauto
11th Aug 2005, 00:34
Watch the end of the movie, the inverted auto is just about the coolest maneuver you can do with an RC helicopter; and to do it to touchdown after that roll, that's just incredible. . .