View Full Version : A321 Landing at Skiathos-Greece (LGSK02)

ARNA330
8th Aug 2005, 20:51
A321 Landing Weight (Mass) at LGSK

Any A321 driver or performance expert that could find out the Max Landing weight for an A321 at Skiathos (LGSK) RWY 02.

Rwy length 1570 meters.

blackbox
8th Aug 2005, 21:50
Not sure the answer to your question..

But I flew into/out of JSI (Skiathos) in July on a XL 737, and the landing is very quick (ie. loads of breaking/reverser etc.) On departure we had to tech stop in Theselonki..

I was suprised to see an XL 757 land at JSI....

Great little airport, slap bang next to the sea.. (Better than Nice)..

Silver Tongued Cavalier
9th Aug 2005, 05:41
According to FCOM 2, the required landing distance for a 321 at the planning stage is 1550m at 70T. So this is 5.5T under max landing weight. So even if the the alternate is very close and the Captain wishes to carry minimum fuel, you are looking at a minimum of 3.5T payload restriction. Thats approx 35 Passengers.

An A320 needs about 1450m to land at max weight, much better suited.

Kyprianos Biris
9th Aug 2005, 07:52
ARNA330
A321 Landing Weight (Mass) at LGSK

Any A321 driver or performance expert that could find out the Max Landing weight for an A321 at Skiathos (LGSK) RWY 02.

Rwy length 1570 meters.

Do you take account of the upslope on 02 or is it insignificant?

Skiathos pic's a while back.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/024943/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/236797/M/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/050989/M/

Skiathos has ATC since this summer. It used to be AFIS till now :ugh:

Apron capacity is an issue there and planning for it by the authorities is more restrictive than the actual airspace planning.

I've heard of stories of airliners stopping over at Makedonia LGTS for a while because jet(s) at LGSK apron had delayed departures.

Handfly
9th Aug 2005, 08:31
In response, I operate A321 & 320's into JSI regulalrly for a UK charter operator.

At the planning stage Yes you are limited; once airborne things are different. There is no problem on either runway at max landing weight; though I have to say that I never do that. Just leave myself a ton in hand for SKG and DONT FLOAT.

ARNA330
9th Aug 2005, 09:01
I myself am flying the A321 into JSI and in reference to FCOM 2 the max landing weight for the published RWY length of 1570 meters is 71.33 tons (interpolated).
This assumes approach and landing at VLS, which equals to manual thrust and Max Braking. No credit for headwind according to Airbusmanuals (which in reality means Managed Speed...!!!)

According to JAR regulation planning shall be done in zero wind for the most favourable RWY.
If at planning the landing requires headwind (hm...no credit according to FCOM's....!!!) the flight must be planned with two alternates. Two alternates can easily be planned with as SKG and ATH fuel requirement differs by 100 kg.

Once Airborne and if checking the QRH for max weight for a 1570 meter RWY = 71.2 tons.

What would these figures be if they were from Airbus own Planning and Performance computerized program????

Codman
10th Aug 2005, 09:28
As far as I recall JSI is not neccesarily TODA limited. Its a pavement weight restriction due the fact that A320/1's only have single bogey mainwheels.

B757's are not so seriously limited as they have double trucks.

Hazey recollections and no figures, sorry but I think thats it.

Rgds Cod