PDA

View Full Version : Gangs Stop Air Ambulance Taking Off

TOT
8th Aug 2005, 18:28
here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/4130888.stm)

Tanewha
8th Aug 2005, 19:32
Without wanting to sound like a grumpy old git, its a sad sign of the times. I took a cab into Teesside HLS to meet an ambulance an was immeadiately surrounded by baying hoons. We had a cas on board who was in a bad way and the Police were seemingly powerless to stop them from making our lives harder. Footballs and golf balls were all directed in our direction. What made it worse was the fact that there were a lot of parents stood around watching, making no attempt to control their children.
As for Liverpool, that got so bad that we had to insist on the airport instead.
It makes me mad.

CRAZYBROADSWORD
8th Aug 2005, 19:53
these people should be put on a list and never allowed the service of an aircraft be it heli or air liner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hemac
8th Aug 2005, 20:02
Every time I hear of an incident like this I am left totally speechless.
It is past comprehension why anyone, regardless of their lack of grey matter, would want to impede the progress of ambulaces and fire engines.
The morons in question should be dealt with severely, unfortunately in these touchy feely times the Police are powerless to do anything.

H.

gadgetguru
8th Aug 2005, 21:31
common sense is not so common anymore, a colleague likes to refers to these bottom dwellers as 'mere mortals' or 'only human'.

....you could always issue CS grenades & flash bangs to the crew.

alouette
9th Aug 2005, 06:36
Eliminating those elements would sure solve an umemployment problem in this region...Capital punishment comes to mind. And I only thought people somewhere else are crazy. This is one of the craziest things I read about in a long time:yuk:

5711N0205W
9th Aug 2005, 11:36
Free issue tasers, sort the little b's out :mad:

Simon853
9th Aug 2005, 12:31
Should adopt Hinds for EMS work. Articulated cannons and enough room in the back for a stretcher and medical team..

Si

Bertie Thruster
9th Aug 2005, 12:34
Just add another "S" to the good old confined area recce brief;

Shape
Size
Surface
Surround
Slope
Scrotes

Power Up
9th Aug 2005, 13:19
I was round the girlfriends' when I saw the aircraft approaching in (couldn't see the landing area due to other houses), I remember seeing the police helicopter flying around also. Respect where it is deserved to the crews, shame about those who don't share the opinion.

Still cannot see how some people can act in such a way, especially when its there to help

Jonp
9th Aug 2005, 13:39
Clearly times have got bad. It makes me sick too - parents that can't look after their chidren, police without power and courts weak in their judgement.

I guess the best answer is to equip an AH64 Apache as an Air Ambulance, bring on the chain gun I say.

JonP

diethelm
9th Aug 2005, 15:34
And to think that some people want to overturn Roe V Wade.

R22DRIVER
10th Aug 2005, 16:51
A simple way to solve this problem is to equip the police and and ambulance helis with a gatling gun mounted on the nose. They would soon stop nicking cars and getting in the way then!!!

Would also stop them re-offending with 1000 bullet holes in them!

Little Ba*s#@rds wouldnt be stopping the heli if it was their own family on board im sure!!

R22

SilsoeSid
10th Aug 2005, 17:36
We went to a job a few months ago where the local youths were starting to hurl objects at the fire/ambulance crews, with the associated abuse which seems to have become the norm these days.

It wasn't until the Police and the helicopter arrived and they started asking what the helicopter was there for, that they realised all the emergency services were there searching in the local pond for one of their pals.

Apparently the attitude amongst the youths changed immediately. It's just a shame that their parents, who were with them, couldn't stop them hindering the services earlier!

ShyTorque
10th Aug 2005, 19:04
Hi Bertie,

"Just add another "S" to the good old confined area recce brief;

Shape
Size
Surface
Surround
Slope
Scrotes"

I suggest yet another S........Shotgun ;)

HOGE
10th Aug 2005, 21:31
Of course, you could condense the recce brief to 3 w's

Wires
Wind
W@nkers!

I haven't had any problems when landing on a EMS mission........yet. How I'd deal with a situation like that remains an unknown quantity.

It's beyond me why some 'elements' of society would attack emergency service vehicles, mind you, as my Gran used to say, "You can't educate pork!"