PDA

View Full Version : Approval Pay

Chad Helmuth
14th Sep 2000, 02:01
How does your approval pay work and what is the rate they pay.

BRAL pay £2000 (level 3)
£3500 (level 2)
£4500 (level 1)

This is paid straight away, not dependant on number of aircraft. (Usually level 1 given after 12 months)
Any comments, good or bad, we are entering in to pay talks so need some good quality info. (Please say your company's name too as it will not be accepted by our pay team without it, oh yes only UK guys no $$$$$)

Thanks all, lets get some solidarity and good pay for us mendums just like the bendums

Tnuoc

H721
14th Sep 2000, 20:57
rite here in fragrant harbour the pay calculation depends on aircraft types one holds.

i should say in line maintenance most engrs earn a bit more than the figure (level 1) u quoted.

------------------
Not much of an engineer

spannersatcx
15th Sep 2000, 00:08
Chad Helmuth, at CX UK we don't get approval pay. Having said that what we do get is salary that is completely pensionable. So instead of having a basic of say 20K which is pensionable plus Licence/approval pay of upto say 10K which is not pensionable. The only parts that are not pensionable is shift pay, which I don't get as a Certifying Engineer but Mechanics or non certifying people do. In the longer term I think I have a good deal as come pension time as my basic salary is higher I will get a far better pension. So although, hypothetically speaking, you could be on the same overall pay as me, down the road a few years you will be not so well of. Also as the basic is higher O/T rates are higher as well. I hope this gives you some food for thought. I have in previous positions received approval pay but personally think the salaried package is a better deal. Also you wouldn't be disadvantaged in losing approval pay if for some reason you weren't given a type course or the type was withdrawn.

Chad Helmuth
15th Sep 2000, 00:51
spannersatcx,
Thanks for your info.
The company would never entertain a salary for the 120 LAE's it employes both for BRAL and Manx.
Our approval pay is not really dependant on number of types operated, so there is no chance of losing some of it when we lose A/C types.(Some people have 4 types others only 2, depending on what A/C go through your work place)

The approval pay is 1 for senior engineers (Or supposed to be that way )
2 for everyone else
3 for single licence techs.
It has not changed in 12 years, hence why people are thinking it is time for a change. However it may be that the rate has always been better than the norm.

So is it fair, Over to the floor

PS which company is CX UK ???
Sorry if it is obvious.

Chad

spannersatcx
15th Sep 2000, 23:46
CX = Cathay Pacific.

Le Pen
18th Sep 2000, 20:32
BA pay fu(k all!!!!!!!! Snifff.

------------------
Nil Fault Found.....Another great work of fiction in progress