View Full Version : JAA frozen ATPL conversion to Austrian licence.

Smoothflight
8th Aug 2005, 10:14
Hello Ppruners.
As I am about to attend selection with Tyrolean / Austrian arrows in October 2005, I have started to prepare for this. Well, should I be succesfull and offered the Kopiloten position, I was just wondering what is the process of obtaining an Austrian licence based on the UK JAA frozen ATPL, as Austria still has its own certification precess and has not implemented JAA certification as of yet?. Besides, if succesfull through Selektion, does Tyrolean assist in this process?
Anyone care to answer?
Best regards.
Smoothflight. :confused:

Sky Goose
8th Aug 2005, 12:30
Ill be there in september, 2nd attempt, was there July last year too.

I think all you have to do air law and one other subject, cant remember which. No flying needed.

The theory was all FAA comm stuff, dont know if they've changed it. The selections seems to have been reduced from 3 days to 2 for the initial and now you have to pay, last year it was free.

Good luck

Smoothflight
8th Aug 2005, 19:12
Thanks Sky Goose,
Anyway, I am a bit worried about my German. Since I speak dutch, there is a similarity between duch and german. ow isyour German level? I am good at it but not perfect. Just today, i bought my self €75,00 worth of German language training software. Do you have some suggestions?. I heard that stuffe 2
is the hardest part of selektion and that all of that stuffe is in German.
Cheers.
Smoothflight.

Sky Goose
9th Aug 2005, 08:47
Hi smooth

The tech test is in english so no prob. The psycometrics can be done in english if you rerquire. But then there is the issue of the group discussion and the interview where it will pose a problem. There were loads of dutchies there last year so obviously cant be too much of a hurdle.

My dads german, so lucky for me im fluent.

Get test training 2000 by hesse and schrader from www.amazon.de, and do the tests for pilot selection and also get an faa com study guide, this helped allot.

cheers and good luck

angelorange
9th Aug 2005, 15:20
Is it the same for a German or Swiss Operator? Thinking of Privat Air etc