PDA

View Full Version : Bodies on beach believed to be from plane crash

Sqwark2004
8th Aug 2005, 07:09
08.08.05 12.20pm

By Elizabeth Binning

The bodies of two people found this morning on a Christchurch beach may have come from a plane which crashed last night.

The bodies, believed to be a man and a woman, washed up at the northern and southern ends of Leithfield Beach this morning.

While police are yet to officially confirm the discovery, the Rescue Co-ordination Centre has said it is searching for a small aircraft in that area.

Christchurch's air traffic control contacted the centre at 8.30am to report an overdue Cessnar 182.

The plane was believed to have left from Nelson last night and was destined for Christchurch but never arrived.

Ambulance officers arrived at Amberley Beach this morning to assist with the bodies but there was nothing that could be done.

Desert Flower
8th Aug 2005, 10:09
an overdue Cessnar 182.
Is that the same as a Cessna 182? ;)

DF.

NZDP
8th Aug 2005, 10:41
I saw that plane arrive in nelson on saturday and saw it depart on sunday. Unbelievable :confused:

troppo
8th Aug 2005, 20:45
Hey DF,
Mate it's an accident with loss of life! Have you seriously got nothing better to say than that piss poor comment?
:mad:

Kickatinalong
8th Aug 2005, 23:52
U R A Cock, a comment like that is, as Troppo said, as weak a water. Get back on the pills.
Kickatinalong.

NZLeardriver
9th Aug 2005, 00:02
Article here about it.
NZherald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10339848)

Desert Flower
9th Aug 2005, 02:00
Okay, sorry I was so insensitive. Maybe I didn't take my medication yesterday morning after all. :{

DF.

11percent
9th Aug 2005, 11:17
DF,

Those that know you know that no disrespect would be intended. I am sure I speak for all in voicing our sorrow at the loss of life!

the shaman
9th Aug 2005, 11:21
I lost a really good buddy some years ago when his cessna came down in a tropical storm Nth of Cape York, after that experience you can never again be indifferent or flippant about an aircrash .....

Desert Flower
9th Aug 2005, 11:48
Those that know you know that no disrespect would be intended. I am sure I speak for all in voicing our sorrow at the loss of life!
Thank you. I meant no disrespect, & I am truly sorry that I was so flippant.
I lost a really good buddy some years ago when his cessna came down in a tropical storm Nth of Cape York, after that experience you can never again be indifferent or flippant about an aircrash .....
In the sixteen & a half years I have been in the industry I have lost an average of one friend a year. So far this year I have lost two within two months. :sad:

DF.

4SPOOLED
10th Aug 2005, 06:53
What a waste,

Sorry to Hear!!, my sympathy's go out to all

the shaman
10th Aug 2005, 12:09
Thank you. I meant no disrespect, & I am truly sorry that I was so flippant.

Hey thats ok DF - we all have it off our chest now so lets move on,

rgds

the shaman

Kickatinalong
11th Aug 2005, 09:22
DF get used to the taste of Humble Pie, I know the taste , we can both get used to it.
Kickatinalong.