PDA

View Full Version : REME Aviation Home Page

EMERgency
17th Jun 2000, 02:42
Let's get this forum going. Anything goes. Looking forward to some meaty discussion guys (and gals!)

Tnuoc Alucard
17th Jun 2000, 22:35
What exactly are you wanting to start , A web site or what ???

Im sorry I do not have the brains of an Archbishop.

Taff Missed
19th Jun 2000, 15:56
Count.

What would you do if you did have the brains of an archbishop?

Tnuoc Alucard
20th Jun 2000, 00:30
I would not be working in Aviation thats for sure, and I would also be earning more than my 31 grand a year. Yes I know its working EVERY sunday but I seem to do that now anyway !!!!!

So what sort of thread does he want ???

I believe that REME trained techs are the best I have come across either RAF, NAVY or Civilian. (Lets wait for the flack !!, wonder if that is what he meant)

Mach_Tuck
20th Jun 2000, 13:36
FLACK! I'LL give you flocking flack!

You are obviously addicted to hospital food! or you wouldn't have posted a death wish!

I wouldn't walk down any Dark alley's near RAF camp's if I were you! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Anyway that said why do you believe that techno-soldier 95 is so great with his vast knowledge of "Camping with Choppers", compared with the RAF's wide range of intelligent, good looking Techies?

------------------
If you don't know how it works....Fiddle 'til you do!

Taff Missed
20th Jun 2000, 16:28
Count

I agree. REME are the best, followed very closely by RN and then (reluctantly 'cos my dad was in the RAF)the RAF.

It's all down to the training. Not the quality of it but the fact that the RAF training is so narrow in it's scope. This bloke's engines; this bloke's airframes and never the twain shall meet. All fine and good on the squadron I suppose but not much use in the civilian street. Particularly when it comes to helicopter operators.

No, sorry RAF types, but give me REME or RN anytime.

Me? Civilian through and through.

If that doesn't stir'em up Count, nothing will.
-------------------

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

[This message has been edited by Taff Missed (edited 20 June 2000).]

spannersatcx
22nd Jun 2000, 00:58
Obviously not heard of engine/airframe apprentices then or the supertechs who did Avioncs as well.
Who wants to work on helicopters anyway?

Blacksheep
22nd Jun 2000, 09:17
That's odd. I was in the world's best flying club (Refer to "Per Ardua Ad Astra" below) and I distinctly remember working on things with rotors on the roof. We also went camping with them in the jungle. There were lots of trees and Indonesians with guns and stuff. Of course, all us Air Force types were too pissed to pay too much attention. Fighting is for "Pongos" after all!

Through difficulties to the cinema

4Rvibes
23rd Jun 2000, 00:44
Having worked with all types of engineer, the Army and the RAF have the most suss, the army guys had to think on their feet in the field, the RAF had superior training. Matelots seem to be power crazy know-nothing Tiffs or brain-dead fish-heads. A personal opinion but borne out by 10 years of ex-military experience. (A fiver to the first punter to guess which service I served my apprentiship in!)

Tnuoc Alucard
23rd Jun 2000, 23:21
Anyone know if there are any female Tiffys, in REME Aviation.
They were just being trained on there Billy Basics in 91/92. so should be well on their way to a hammer and tongs badge. ??
If not, do they make good Sgts,never had to work with them so dont know for sure.
Thanks .

greaseytech
28th Jun 2000, 12:25
Taff Missed

In days of old............

The RAF training covered all aspects of a particular trade; A-Tech-A, A-Tech-P etc, as you could be expected to be posted to any environment covering all aspects of one discipline, be it first line maintenance, third line maintenance or component overhaul facility. So the RAF training prepared you for and gave you an insighte to every environment. Most of the blokes I work with are either ex-RAF or civie trained. But with the ex-RAF blokes, most of them picked up some of the finer points of their sister trades before they came out, be it a Sumpie changing a wheel or blocking a few rivets, or a Rigger helping to pull an engine out.

So come on now, how many ex-RAF types do you know that were single trade techies are now dual licenced civie techies? If you make a good rigger then it is only a matter of a little study for you to make a good sumpie as well.

Black E
30th Jun 2000, 23:24
REMEs are much better looking though....