PDA

View Full Version : Read and Respond - your livelihood could be at stake!

Chilli Monster
7th Aug 2005, 18:43
Someone at the DfT has got a bee in their bonnet about foreign registered aircraft based in the UK.

If you fly or operate an 'N', VP-B or VP-C on the back of an FAA licence these proposals (http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_control/documents/contentservertemplate/dft_index.hcst?n=14254&l=2), if carried out could cost you your job.

Get reading and writing people.

beachman
8th Aug 2005, 08:19
Indeed. The naivety and ignorance upon which this proposal is based beggars belief. Not often does one come across such ill-informed and pointless nonsense.

Get yer pens out .....

BM

Mike Echo
8th Aug 2005, 09:06
This has been going around for some years. The drive for this I suspect has come more form the CAA than the DfT.

I well remember a meeting some years ago in Oxford when the then, Head of Licencing, brought up the subject of Foreign registered aircraft and the CAA's hostile attitude to having then based in the UK. This was long before EASA came on the scene.

The naivety of the costings astounds me although it shouldn't!!

Their line about "unlikely that the total cost of reregistering the aircraft affected by the proposal will exceed £0.25m" Even taking a middle of the range of 1000 aircraft that would only be £250 per aircraft.

At £651 for a C of A and 1000 A/C that's already £651,000.00 before you start with ratings, modifications, maintenance.

Or have I misread something?

I don't often get pen to paper (or fingers to keyoard) but now seems the time.

Mike Echo

Check 6
8th Aug 2005, 11:09
CM, thanks for posting this. I have forwarded this info to all NBAA (National Business Aircraft Association) members. Hopefully some of the membership will send in comments, as there are a number of U.S. corporations that base N registered a/c in the UK.

Any comments from this membership will potentially benefit all.

Check 6

Daifly
9th Aug 2005, 14:40
BBGA (aka GAMTA and BAUA) have been involved in this for sometime I believe. So the industry's not just lying back and taking it!