PDA

View Full Version : Aussie jetranger pilot wants to fly in Canada...needs help

sammy76
7th Aug 2005, 10:06
Hi guys, I'm sure this has been covered before but, Can anyone tell me how a Aussie B206 pilot with 1200 hours can get a Canadian licence and land a flying job in Canada? Thanks guys.:ok:

Cyclic Hotline
7th Aug 2005, 15:50
Probably everything you could ever want to know is right here. (http://www.caaviation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2806) ;)

Simon853
7th Aug 2005, 22:31
I'd have thought the hardest thing about getting work in Canada is getting the work permit, never mind the licence issues..

I managed it a few years ago. I was sent over by the company I work for (not in helis, mil avionics) from the uk to work in Canada. Immigration have these rules about employers having to adequately prove an unemployed Canadian can't reasonably do the job. However, due to the fact that my company were placing a nigh-on $100M contract with a local Canadian company, immigration just rolled over and played puppy dog.

One other thing that's worth noting: If you do manage to get a work visa, they're very restrictive and prevent you from legally getting additional professional training and qualifications. The visa pre-approves you for a single employer also. So no jumping about.

Si

Cyclic Hotline
7th Aug 2005, 23:59
Yep, exactly everything you need to know! ;)

ground effect
8th Aug 2005, 05:48
Try here. Lots of information to sort through.

http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116507&highlight=canada

gadgetguru
8th Aug 2005, 06:13
check your PM's

ground effect
8th Aug 2005, 06:50
Gadgetguru, please check your PMs

BigMike
8th Aug 2005, 08:49
Have a Kiwi mate flying there at the moment. Reality is, that there is not enough local pilots with experience to fill the seasonal work requirements. You need to go to Canada, complete the theory exam, pass a flight test, medical, and be issued with a Canadian licence. To work there you will require an employer to "sponser" you. They seem to be looking for guys with at least 1500+ and plenty of turbine time. I think it is much easier if you have mountain time + sling experience as well.
I'm sure the Canadian pilots on this forum can tell you more.

Cheers BigMike

Galapagos
9th Aug 2005, 00:38
You should PM Steve76 he knows all the tricks! ;)