PDA

View Full Version : Multi pilot LST

Fohnie
6th Aug 2005, 17:47
Hello there,

I'm in the process of converting my ICAO CPL ME IR to JAR frozen ATPL, and have just over 500hrs multicrew time.

I will convert my foreign type rating by doing a Licence Skills Test in the sim with a TRE.
I am finishing the 14 exams and will do the CPL Skills Test, but does anyone know if I can simply get the MultiPilot Instrument Rating from the LST instead of doing 15 hours for the Single Pilot IR that is useless in an airline environment.

Can anyone help??

Thanks

willby
7th Aug 2005, 10:29
Hi Fohnie,
The MP IR rating is an integral part of the type rating LST but it will not confer SP IR privileges should you require these at any time.
Willby
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/SECTION%20F.pdf
Go to section F4 in the above link for full details
Regards

Fohnie
7th Aug 2005, 17:21
Thanks for that,

I'm still a little confused, according to the link, the CAA say only for the training for the type rating do you need a multi IR Single Pilot, and for the addition of a MPA Type Rating you don't need it.

I hope thats right?

willby
8th Aug 2005, 06:57
Hi Fohnie,
From my understanding yes the multi ir is a pre-requisite for the training for an initial type rating. By converting your foreign icao type rating I dont know if you fall into this catagory or not.
I would recommend that you contact the CAA if a more definitive answer is not forthcoming here on this forum to your query.
Regards
Willby