PDA

View Full Version : Middle East

groncher
5th Sep 2000, 06:14
I'm giving serious consideration to applying
for work as an A.M.E. in the Middle East.
Would appreciate any input regarding what to
watch out for contract-wise, and any other
comments. Thanks,
groncher

Jango
7th Sep 2000, 13:04
Depends on where you are thinking of going? UAE - Dubai, Abu Dhabi etc or roughing it out in Saudi, Kuwait etc? Who are you applying to?

All contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on. Just make sure you get the best deal, if possible talk some of the gusy who work there to see what they are getting as all companies will try and pull a fast one on you. Make sure it includes all tickets, housing, welfare (medical etc for you and family), read the fine print!

Go for it, even if you just get out there for an interview to see what it is like.

groncher
7th Sep 2000, 16:25
Thanks Jango,
The Ad is for Abu Dhabi Aviation
(Dash 8), position in Saudi Arabia. I take
it you've done some time in the region?

Jango
8th Sep 2000, 04:43
Yep done a few years in Oman and Qatar with plenty of travel around the rest. I guess this is based in Saudi, 2 on, 1 off ? or perm position. Saudi is okay as long as you can adapt your social life. Get into sports , wadi bashing, whatever you get your kicks from to take you mind off lack of beer/women/night-life etc.

But you will not know until you try it.

aeroguru
8th Sep 2000, 16:14
Jango;how often did you bash your wadi?
And is it legal?
Sadiq(y) is my freind.

redtail
8th Sep 2000, 17:31
Is bashing your wadi a form of omanism?

Jango
11th Sep 2000, 12:58
It's my wadi and I'll bash it as fast as I like.

You know what they say, women are okay, but you can't beat the real thing

fishtank
20th Sep 2000, 19:00
Theres loads of engineer positions licensed,unlicensed all over the world - and especially in the middle east at http://www.aviationjobsearch.com - so have a look to see if there's something that suits.

Regards

------------------