PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Sky-Raiderrrrrrrs ?

longtom
6th Aug 2005, 06:43
Recently, I was enthralled by the entertainment experience that was MNETs' "Show me the mommy ". This show went out on a Sunday evening, and featured a so-called "eligible bachelor" who had to take 3 mothers on dates. He would then decide which of the three daughters (whom he hadn't seen ) to take on his final date, based on the personalities of the mothers (even though, as all of us okes know, the bachelor would surely base his final decision on which mother was the best looking ! ). It provided excellent entertainment, not least because most of the mothers were complete nut-cases, but also because the set-ups were so badly done.
In one case, an eligible bachelor was presented with 2 mums who looked like extras from Star Wars, and a 3rd who was so mouth-wateringly gorgeous that she could have melted steel at 20 paces..guess whose daughter he chose ?

Anyway, I digress : the point of my post is to ask about Sky Raiders. This company was featured in the episodes that took place in Jo'Burg. The Sky Raiders aircraft appeared at the end of the episode, when the daughters were brought before the bachelor. The impression given, was that the girls had been flown in on the aircraft, (although I imagine that they were actually taxied from one part of the airport to another). Amid a sea of dry-ice the girls descended the steps of the aircraft,and the hangar doors were opened to reveal them,as the bachelor waited in agony to see the results of his insincere choice of date-partner.

Were you one of the Sky Raiders ? Is it an actual operating company ? Also, I would imagine that some of the girls would have provided challenging Mass and Balance problems ? I would like to know more .

goaround7
6th Aug 2005, 08:33
The first episode used Bond out of King Air Services/NAC's hangar at Lanseria but perhaps even they realised how tacky and cheap the programme is and pulled out.

Unless, it's improved ? I only watched the first show and decided 'never again' ! A very bad image of South Africa.

sky waiter
7th Aug 2005, 08:16
Yes sky raiders is an operational company, thay have a number of old and interesting aircraft which you can do a raiting on, go for a flip etc... They have a training and charter division i think and the hangar itself is geared for conferences and functions. Got this info from african pilot mags...
They based and rand if you there go have a look!!

Show wasn't great but still good for a laugh almost as bad as idols. :ok:

Deanw
10th Aug 2005, 07:50
Check out http://www.skyraiders.co.za/