PDA

View Full Version : Road Closed in Doha Qatar

Hajj Man
5th Aug 2005, 16:28
Has anyone who has been to TECH building and/or from TECH building yet give an idea of how it is?

I have to work in a couple of days.

HM:ok:

airbusflyer3
5th Aug 2005, 18:18
not much effect so for, at least uip to last night it was still normal. the preperation is going on but the road is not actually closed yet. i hoe it doesnt get to messy. its already bad as it is :):)

loc22550
8th Aug 2005, 04:20
According the aircrew notice, we have been adviced to take a taxi to come to work......!!!Are we going to receive special taxi allowance.....????:p
Personnaly i donīt have that much taxi passing in my street, so if they donīt accept me with my car in the parking, i will go back home and call for qatarairways transportation!

What will be the next joke...?

As a "5 stars airline...:p " i think qatar airways should either provide a decent parking for crew to come to work or a transportation...!

Hajj Man
8th Aug 2005, 06:57
surprisingly it went smooth for me.

It is a joke though that they tell you to take a taxi to work.

Don't the taxis drive on the same closed road as you do?

Capt Krunch
8th Aug 2005, 07:39
I too had no difficulties dealing wiht the Airport road closure, hopefully it stays that way for the full 10 to 12 months.

but, with regards to the " take a taxi to work " issue.. I personally believe this was issued due to the fact that the road side parking against the fence is no longer alowed by the authorities doing the road works, as it may cause furthur difficulties for construction vehicles and the like.
now havng said that we all know to well that it would cause a futher strain of the limited amount of parking available to us all now.... hense, ' Take a taxi to work '

well.. don't get me wrong gentlemen , I too will be driving myself to and from.

yes I know we all get a small amount of TA allowance every month, but, we all can account for the fact that it's much easier to deal with the limited parking than it would be to get a Taxi here in Doha. even though some have very dependant drivers to get us there, it's the problem of getting back home in the early AM that causes a problem, not to mention during skool timings when all the drivers and taxis are occupato.

Hajj Man
8th Aug 2005, 14:42
I say they should pick us up from home and drop us back home from work. After all, we want to be like Emirates and their contract, right?

Well if the rumour is true that one of the reasons we are waiting for our "new contract" is because we are waiting to see what Emirates will get? GUESS WHAT?.......... Emirates are dropped and picked up from work.

Also for all the readers here that have left Qatar and Qatar Airways, and know the old Parachute round-about land mark, well it has been removed and demolished with the new construction. Yes, the lovely parachute, land mark is gone.

loc22550
8th Aug 2005, 15:54
i donīt known if we want everything to be like emirates, but it looks logical to me that if the company is not able to give us a parking they should provide transportation for crew!

Hajj Man
8th Aug 2005, 17:47
They can provide so much parking by just busting a hole through the side of the fence that leads to the cargo area and have a HUGE parking area. It is all Qatar Airways there on that side also and it is an area that is not utilized and can be of great use to the crew.

AHHHHHH, but this would make far too much sense to do this, so lets just all jockey for a parking spot and continue to grow the airline without growing the facilities.

The parking spots are just a tip of the iceburg of all the things that need growing at QR

divinesoul
9th Aug 2005, 05:45
hi guys at QR

BOO HOO:{ the parachute roundabout was indeed a landmark they demolishing it.Well are they planning to change the roundabout into traffic lights?Why demolish it.Anyway the airport road was where i used to do a lot of plane spotting.Now no more plane spotting that :mad:

Anyway if QR needs improvement who gave it a 5 star rating.is this rating only for Cabin service and it doesnt include other things?

Anyway they have a huge banner on the QR building saying fly with an 5 star airline or something like that.Now after reading all the post i doubt if Qr is an 5 star airline.

Anyway cheers to the guys who work for Qr keep up the good work and hope things will change one day over there.