PDA

View Full Version : Terror kicking our arses!

Ultralights
5th Aug 2005, 06:21
and not only are we falling over ourselves capitulating to these cowards! we are telling them how to continue to intimdate and target us...

todays paper, Sydneys new evac plan maps have been printed!

hmmmm lets see, 1 small bomb in the CBD, but lots a bombs in the evacuation centres! and wait for the crowds to come running!

one hand telling joe public not to panic dont be subdued into fear....... let us do that for you!

and now we have Micheal costa as finance minister..... time to leave NSW...

i know its not link to aviation in any way... just needed to rant...

AIRWAY
5th Aug 2005, 07:48
Same on this side of the world, its like "we" are fighting against ourselves.

BL must be laughing in his cave :mad:

Capt Claret
5th Aug 2005, 08:12
Well I didn't vote the f:mad: ers in! :yuk: :yuk:

Ultralights
5th Aug 2005, 08:50
i wouldnt say under sexed, :ok: my fiancee is one of them ( a member of the labour party- fortunatly not in the public eye) but they are some of the most immature middle aged people i have ever seen! just spend a day in the gallery and have a laugh, one fine day, during discusion on whatever, a certain senator, piped up in a drunken stupor, "Kids shouldnt be smacked" my partner responded, what would you know? you have never had kids" Mr Bob Carr'nt sent my partner to spend the rest of the session sitting outside the chamber doors! with NO lunch! :rolleyes:

so instead we just went back home... as punishment her bar privilages were revoked for a month!

worse than pre-school! :rolleyes:

come to think of it, i wonder what has caused the sudden jumping ship in NSW this past 2 weeks? hmmmm

back on topic, news reports are saying all terrorism experts are telling the govt that its new anti terror policies will do absolutly NOTHING if not actually increase casulties in the event of an attack! but of course, through all the back patting and drinking, no one will listen, or care.....

OZBUSDRIVER
5th Aug 2005, 09:13
It isn't the pollies that we should be scared of:E

Capt Claret
5th Aug 2005, 09:14
Ultralights, you're looking at it all wrong. It's not about doing something effective, it's all about public perception.

DOTARS by their own admission are driven by public perception and they believe that the public believe that they're doing some thing.

The fact that most of what they do just wastes money on ineffectual beauracracy matters not one whitt! F:mad: ers!!!!! :yuk: :yuk:

Ultralights
5th Aug 2005, 09:22
what if she makes me lay there all day? :}

Pinky the pilot
5th Aug 2005, 10:42
Noted during the last week that the 'Feral Gummint' (well that's how half the Journos in this country pronounce it!) is now going to legislate to 'licence' users of Ammonium Nitrate.
Anyone with high school chemistry would know of several other fertilizer or weed killer chemicals that make almost as if not identically powerful explosives when mixed with 'other ingredients' :mad: :mad:
Still remember about thirty odd years ago perusing a copy of the 'Urban Terrorists Handbook' (no kidding, that's really what it was called. Some Adelaide uni student I met had a copy) and it had a whole section devoted to how to make explosives from things found in most households!!:ooh:

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Ultralights
5th Aug 2005, 11:28
i remember blowing up neighbors letterboxes with pool chlorine and COKE (a cola)

yes, High school chemistry was great!

Jenna Talia
5th Aug 2005, 11:39
it was confirmed we are run by the biggest bunch of mentally challenged middle aged sexually deprived no hopers in this great land.

You've summed up DOTARS perfectly

gaunty
5th Aug 2005, 13:32
Jenna love

Thats not my experience of DOTARS, yes there are the odd drones you find in any organisation, but they are led by a very fine and capable person, who has the skills to tiptoe through all the noisy, single interest and zealot minefields and execute a policy, heavy handed or not, that is dealt to him by the Government of the day.

That is what Public Servants do and he does it better than most.

I refer to one Mr Martin Dolan, very impressive and a more reasonable, informed and erudite person you would be hard to find.
He is also fortunate to have the support and assistance of the many dedicated and professional people who choose public service as their thing in life.

Don't knock it, there are people dying daily in IRAQ and similar arena who are desparately trying to emulate our system.

Super Cecil
6th Aug 2005, 08:05
The new anti terror laws lil Johnnies mob are talking about will be interesting. Maybe they have to first define a "terrorist action" or some of the things the Federal Government has done in the last couple of years might see "Johnny the liar" charged.

Pharcarnell
8th Aug 2005, 04:40
Highly unlikely. Rules are made BY Governments not FOR Governments, they're exempt.

flyby_kiwi
8th Aug 2005, 06:15
Sounds as bad as the carry-on over here.

We have the powers that be ranting and raving how NZ is about the safest place in the world and the (hopefully to be changed) govt denying there is any terrosim risk to NZ, and thanks to thier overhyped PC views - dening there are any of these people hiding in NZ. COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP! :yuk:

Often overlooked is the fact the the media play a big part in terrosim. An attacts success is dertermined not by casualties but the fear instilled in the public and the pulicity generated for whichever group claims responsibilty.
The 9/11 attacts being a classic example - look at the paranoia in the states and the change to our industry today, couple this with round the clock coverage of the event at the time and scripting of Hollywood movies in the following years and the terrorists have undeniably won (forgetting the fact it was never intended that the towers would collapse with the resulting casualties).

Captain Sand Dune
15th Aug 2005, 22:46
forgetting the fact it was never intended that the towers would collapse with the resulting casualties

WTF!!!???:eek:

"Sorry Mr Bush! We only intended to prang a couple of aircraft and kill all those on board, and maybe only a few people in the building. Gee, we didn't intend for the whole building to fall down!"

Well, that's OK then!!

Keep whinging about what our governments doing about it, but between breaths have a think about the alternative.

Hempy
16th Aug 2005, 15:02
Well I didn't vote the f:mad: ers in! :yuk: :yuk:

It's funny how many people say this after the fact. At last count the Coalition must have came to power with about 3% of the popular vote.....

tinpis
17th Aug 2005, 01:04
We have the powers that be ranting and raving how NZ is about the safest place in the world and the (hopefully to be changed) govt denying there is any terrosim risk to NZ, and thanks to thier overhyped PC views - dening there are any of these people hiding in NZ. COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP!

Kiwi is SAFE???

No terrorists?

ok

http://www.publicaddress.net/assets/img/speaker/Ans/ans6.jpg

http://www.backpack-newzealand.com/nz/files/mob2.jpg

Hempy
17th Aug 2005, 01:43
e's right, eh Bro :}

tinpis
17th Aug 2005, 02:24
Jus lookin for a lil love eh cuzzy?

http://quintessential.co.nz/pjqst05.JPG:hmm: :}