PDA

View Full Version : 747 at Jerez

Max Machs
4th Aug 2005, 18:25
Hey guys, I heard that a 747 landed at Jerez today. Is this true? Does anyone know what kind of 747 it was and why it landed there? And did anyone see it? I know Im a bit of a spotter :cool: but this must have been quite something for a relatively quiet airfield!

Im actually thinking of doing the integrated course at Jerez in the near future. I went down to CTC and my aptitude scores were OK although I didn't get in so I don't think Ill have too much problem with that. The only thing Id be concerned about would be whether Id be able to cope with the groundschool studies. I don't have any aviation background nor do I have Maths or Physics A-levels. I do however have a degree in Geography and French but I fear that this will not help me very much.:ugh: Does anyone have any views?

Many thanks for any kind replies MM

captainwillie
4th Aug 2005, 22:01
Didn't Concorde land in Jerez once? Seems that it's a bit of a haven for planespotters! Maybe thats why they built a college there so that planespotters could learn to fly at the same time as spotting!

FlyUK
5th Aug 2005, 11:14
Yes, it is true. It was a Pullmantur 747. 747's have been to Jerez before, but this one was quite special as an ex student was at the controls. Dunno about Concorde though.

tarbaby
5th Aug 2005, 15:00
WMU finally got some one to buy?

VFE
5th Aug 2005, 18:48
Had a Tristar down there once too but I digress....

The level of mathematics and science required for ATPL's is only GCSE level. Gen up on trigonometry, algebra (rearranging the formula to make 'x' the answer etc..), vectors, know what the cos/tan/sin buttons are for on your calculator, study tempreture/pressure/density relationship and perhaps learn some basic electrics theory. Do that and you should be well set.

G'luck! :ok:

VFE.

concorde002
6th Aug 2005, 21:49
There was another 747 here today, this it was a Qantas 747-400.
It was on a charter flight from LHR, bringing people on holiday to meet up with the cruise ships.
A fantastic sight to see!

Taiguin
6th Aug 2005, 22:21
The 747 that landed on Thursday had the Barcelona football team on board. They were down here in Andalucia for a match between themselves and Cadiz. Was an awesome sight and it wasted an hour of ground school!! If anybody wants any pics then i have some, just PM me.

captainwillie
6th Aug 2005, 22:46
Two 747s in two days, thats pretty cool! Do they let you go and have a look around while they're parked or do you just have to sit back, look and drool?!

moggiee
7th Aug 2005, 00:50
Gosh - airliners at an airport. That REALLY IS awesome!

Come on folks, you must have seen 747s before.

concorde002
7th Aug 2005, 09:21
Fortunately we can go and have a look if the crew are happy to let us. A few guys meet the Qantas crew and where given a guided tour by the captain.
With our airside passes we can stand on the airside apron quite close to the runway or go up the tower and get a fantastic view of the aircraft departing/arriving!

captainwillie
7th Aug 2005, 11:40
Gosh - airliners at an airport. That REALLY IS awesome!

It must be for those people at Jerez - I can't imagine living at an airport and only ever seeing 737s, how boring would that be! Can anybody tell me any more about when concorde flew in there? I think it was part of the world tour.

Concorde002, check your PMs please :ok:

Max Machs
8th Aug 2005, 11:03
Concorde002, it seems like you are there at Jerez and that you are settled, if you don't mind,I have a couple of questions for you. Please check your PM's, Id like to find out a couple of things about the place. That would be great

Cheers, MM

captainwillie
13th Aug 2005, 14:44
Anything else exciting happened at FTE this week?

VFE
13th Aug 2005, 21:28
Yeah.... like who's been to Vagi96 recently? :)

VFE.