PDA

View Full Version : IFE

Speedwing
2nd Mar 2000, 01:31
Is there an In-Flight Enntertainment system out there that is maintainable on a ramp operation?

Do they all have to be designed by people with no apparent engineering experience?

Why not talk to the engineers that have to maintain the systems before making fundamentally flawed designs and make the components robust enough to cope with a very hostile environment?

spannersatcx
2nd Mar 2000, 02:03
1. NO
2. Yes because they are cheap.
3. But we're just stupid people who only like working 16hr days and getting covered in oil and grease and are over paid why would they want to talk to us?

The longer it keeps breaking the longer we have a job!

Speedwing
2nd Mar 2000, 19:42
Cheap is what it comes down to. An inferior product made out of poor quality materials.
I sometimes wonder where some of these manufacturers learnt their engineering practices. I'd be embarressed to put my name to some of the poor workmanship I've seen recently.

The hippy
2nd Mar 2000, 23:54
Be o.k. if the walk on freight didn`t use it, play with it or try to mate on it!

craftycrimper
3rd Mar 2000, 00:36
What about CIDS on Airbuses.Where is the
advancement in having half a dozen computers to switch on a reading light? Why not just have a switch and a light?.Maybe thats why i'm just a "technician"!!