PDA

View Full Version : China

Angela Jameson
4th Aug 2005, 11:07
Are there any pilots out there who are tempted to go to China to work? Or does anyone know someone who is already there, who would be prepared to talk to me? I'm writing an article for The Times on the voracious appetite of China for pilots. Much obliged for any help or comments. Great network, by the way.
[email protected]

trainer too 2
4th Aug 2005, 11:59
Hi Angela,

Flight International already did a great piece on it last week or the week before. Parties to talk to include pilot agencies like:
-Parc
-Direct Personell

FTO's (flight training organisations) like
-CAE
-Pan-am
-Alteon

as they have a good feel of it as well.

Skybound330
4th Aug 2005, 12:46
Yes, definately would be interested. Sent you an email.

Regards

GARDENER
5th Aug 2005, 06:26
The way things are in the industry (the difficulty in getting a foot on the ladder) I am sure there are many low hour pilots that would consider a move to China and use it as a stepping stone to gain valuable experience before returning to the UK......on the other hand many might stay! This goes for experienced pilots as well, I am sure, but maybe not as many. Great country, great people, my company www.anglosino.co.uk is heavily involved in dealing with China and as with everything the Chinese do, their finger is certainly on the pulse in the aviation world seen first hand when I visit. Generally modern aircraft and modern airports built with expansion in mind. The main factor will be ones ability to cut through any red tape allowing for a non Chinese national to work and fly there.

lobsterbisque
5th Aug 2005, 07:39
i have been trying to get i the china markert for a while. I speak mandarin but you need at least 1000 on type or residency so it leave's a fair amount of wanabees not able to head to china to work.

two speed prop 3
5th Aug 2005, 12:51
They seem to be looking for experienced pilots but I cannot see them getting many takers unless they seriously improve the money.