PDA

View Full Version : bexair

chia
4th Aug 2005, 03:02
Bexair is advertising for 604/601/Citation pilots again. With your resume also include a questionaire if they are now staffing their operation to comply with their own Operations Manual and Bahrain CAA's manual on crew duty times & limits, weight and balance, and current jeppesen charts.
Also enquire if the retired Saudi Aarabian 747-400 Captain who is a consultant to the owner, and the manager of flight operations a current Gulf Air Pilot, (both professional people) are still "paper tigers" in Bexair's organization, or are now actually in charge of the operation rather than Finance and Marketing, who equate pilots to nothing more than "fill it up go taxi drivers" or "fill it up with water and go camel drivers in Bahrain".

doubleu-anker
4th Aug 2005, 12:28
chia

I take your point but you must remember that these people, including the "professionals" went from the Camel to the A/C in one generation and to them an A/C is just like a Camel. Yes they are trying run before they can walk.

Also remember that by 3 generations they will be back on camels, so with that limited time period, they will never be able to taught to "run" with any degree of safety.

Oh I forgot a Camel doesn't take a lot of water to keep it going.

Soap Box Cowboy
4th Aug 2005, 18:56
Does anyone know what their requirments are? I've got about 2000 hours, mostly on single engine's and about 160 hours of Turbine, was wondering if I had a chance as an F/O

chia
4th Aug 2005, 20:01
In defence of the retired Saudi airlines 747-400 Captain who happens to be a Saudi, he spent quite a bit of time in the states with the FAA in his younger years and an old DC3 pilot if i recall correctly. The ops manager is a Gulf Air pilot, and a good young man. These two men did not have a "camel" mentality as i knew them both and respected their knowledge, and i felt respected me as a fellow airman, as they did the other pilots. Rather the on going problem was and is the "camel mentality" of the Bexair Marketing, Finance, and a couple of Management people with which i would agree with you.
In response to another poster i would think with the low time it would be somewhat difficult, but at a young age there are endless opportunities for the future so do not be disappointeed. In any case fire them a resume and see what happens.