PDA

View Full Version : CX Tech Instructor

Sozjot
29th Feb 2000, 20:35
A friend of mine is looking at a position with Cathay as a Tech Instructor, based in HKG, and would love to know a bit more about the job. The recruiting people are a tad vague about it all. Any details on the job, the lifestyle, the benefits, the money etc etc would be appreciated. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

[This message has been edited by Sozjot (edited 29 February 2000).]

spannersatcx
1st Mar 2000, 01:41
Don't know about the salary, the job is normally on 3 year renewable contract, with x% going into a provident fund, that you get on completion of each contract. Tax in hkg 15%, you get a housing allowance, education allowance. The job could be teaching flt and/or ground crew. People either love it or hate it in HKG, I personally have not lived there only done courses, most engineer types I know seem to enjoy it. It can be expensive to live there, depends how sensible you are. Normal price for a pint of beer around 40HKD or so. The company will try to get away with paying as little as they can, don't accept an offer that you don't believe will be enough. I would guess somewhere around the 50K HKD/month is a minimum. The tech training school is run to a very high standard and the instructors are very good, they come from UK, US Canada and Australia to name but a few. A new training school was built at the new airport with most mod cons, so it is pretty up to date.