PDA

View Full Version : jobs in far east

WenWe
23rd Aug 2000, 22:31
Anybody know of any licenced vacancies in the far east? Perm or v.long term contract only of interest.
I've already heard of the HAECO contract posn's.

cotos
23rd Aug 2000, 22:58
Haeco are looking for people via various agencies including rishworth in New Zealand, www.rishworth.co.nz (http://www.rishworth.co.nz) and Ace/Serco were looking for people in various locations. However most of Ace's projects are pie in the sky, they've contacted me regarding 767/747-400 work in Brunei and A340 Line work in Singapore but nothing comes of anything for whatever reason.
Pay in Haeco is US$5200 per month and you have to find your own accomodation, which is about US$3500 per month!!

Bus429
23rd Aug 2000, 23:26
Rishworth called me late one night in March. Asked a lot of questions, promised they would get back to me and didn't.

aeroguru
24th Aug 2000, 06:55
take a look at www.airmech.co.uk (http://www.airmech.co.uk)
Boeings are better than Airbus.---for sheltering under in the rain.

Blacksheep
24th Aug 2000, 09:05
WenWe,

What types are you approved on? RBA are looking for B767/B757 A&C and Avionics.

skydrolsniffer
24th Aug 2000, 09:16
WenWe
Spent many years in south east asia, you get a good standard of living and get to see a different part of the world.
As far as I know all the work is contract based now. HAECO screwed a lot of their own people and many have left over the past 2 years.....current deal sounds like a lot but cost of living there is very steep.
Singapore take guys in line and base, the contract companies are MILCOM in Singapore and StarTech services in KL. MAS are looking for engineers but are in a bit of a mess. Over the past few years they have driven a lot of staff away too, which is a pity as it is a good place to live and cheap compared to other parts of asia.

WenWe
24th Aug 2000, 14:38
Blacksheep - DC10/757/320 A&C ta for the info.

Skydrolsniffer - yeah I lived out there for a few years too. S'why I fancy going back.
from what I've heard the HAECO deal is $5000pay + $3000 accomadation, still not enough for HK tho' methinks.

somefokker
26th Aug 2000, 13:59
Wenwe,
You're right about the Haeco deal being not quite enough for HK. I was permanent there but left last year.The permenant money was good but not brilliant. The contract money is even less. If you've got kids that are in school be advised that international schools out there are expensive. The permanent guys get a schooling subsidy. Contractors don't.
Regards,
Somefokker

Jango
28th Aug 2000, 09:22
Wenwe,

I work for Milcom in Singapore, we are looking for mainly A&C, SQ line and base. Some EIR, but not as many as they tend to be overloaded with locals in this area. We were also plying our trade for Haeco too, but as previously stated, they are screwed up and can not even decide what they want or when?

I heard the package for Hx was US8000 all in, to be fair you can get a flat out near the airport for a lot less these days as the rents have come down quite a bit in HKG, around US1500 a month will get you a place..shoebox...depends what your circumstances are

If you need any more info, drop me an email.

hangacat
29th Aug 2000, 12:47
Wenwe, Qantas are looking for Senior LAME's at their Avalon base in Victoria, Australia which does up to D checks on Qantas aircraft. Currently 2 hangars, doing B747's. They are looking for B747-400 Mechanicals and Avionics, also their partner company Forstaff are looking for LAME's for the same base. Forstaff assit with Visa etc, pay is in the order of AUD$65-75K for LAMES, seniors more, $40K for AME's, also training opportunities have been recently avaliable for B747-200/300 LAME's to do -400 courses for Forstaff employees. Accomodation in nearby Geelong very cheap, a good house is in the range of $150K to buy, rents around $200-250/week for larger houses. Large intake program for LAME's and AME's recently advertised. Anyone intersted can email me for more info.
Hangacat

fishtank
30th Aug 2000, 18:29
I found loads of engineering both tech and maintenance positions at http://www.aviationjobsearch.com - including positions in the UK, Far East, Middle East, Italy, France, everywhere!!

you can apply on-line to the employers or agencies and your away!!!!

enjoy
http://www.aviationjobsearch.com