PDA

View Full Version : Long time, no steps

igb56
3rd Aug 2005, 20:44
I regularly travel LTN to MLA on BY Tuesday am departure. Went recently on BY`s 767-200. As usual at MLA, no steps forthcoming. This time was a longish wait. Passengers standing in aisle getting a touch claustrophobic. Is MLA bad on this one? What`s longest wait for steps? Incidentally, the next Tuesday, on same 767 departure from MLA, only front door in use. Obviously a shortage in Malta !

TightSlot
4th Aug 2005, 00:45
I've worked the flight in question many times: Tuesday is a very busy day for MLA - aluminium overcast for a few hours. They tend to run out of things a bit - steps, coaches, baggage loaders etc. etc. I'm not certain that all of the airport steps are suitable for larger aircraft - no doubt sombody else will know. At least the 767-200 aircon can cope nicely!

That said, there are many, many worse places for handling than MLA, (It is hot work and they do their best cheerfully and usually pretty reliably) not the least being LTN - Where our handling agent regularly provides a standard of ground handling that would embarrass most African airports - quite possily the worst of any airfield that we operate into... Recently we enjoyed a 20 minute wait for steps after arriving on time (sigh)