PDA

View Full Version : Orange Appeal

craftycrimper
29th Feb 2000, 00:08
Does anyone know what Easyjet is like to work for?I've heard the pays not that good,but the Greek bloke puts on good parties.Do they throw in those nice orange boilersuits as part of the package?

Denzil
29th Feb 2000, 00:23
This is the opposite to what I heard about pay. They have a bonus system for clearing DD's etc. Fitters with bonus are apparently on 25-27k. Licenced types are on a lot more but are all contract staff.

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

greaseytech
29th Feb 2000, 02:36
EasyJet maintenance is supported by FLS. I was offered a job with them about 18 months ago, but between the interview and job offer there were some major changes to my personal life that I will not discuss here, so decided to stay put. The setup does look to be alright if you like working in an inflatable hangar. I know some of the blokes at LTN and non have any regrets about leaving their old jobs and going to EJ. Pay is about industry standard, but rthere is no Interline agreement. Hope all works out for you.

spannersatcx
1st Mar 2000, 01:47
Sounds like a way to print money. Get your mate to raise an ADD and you clear it, V.V. Don't matter if it's not fixed as you can do the same again....again....again.....
In other words what a sh*t way to do things.

Denzil
1st Mar 2000, 02:09
Could not agree more, I think you will find DD's are cleared and funnily enough the defect reappears on the next day/sector. Its a good job the money is not paid to the one clearing the DD's, imagine the kind of pen- off's you would get.

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

greaseytech
1st Mar 2000, 22:40
Just found out today that the manager of EJ's maintenance is an ex-Brit apprentice that I knew quite well. Seems like a good idea to go and have a chat to him in light of today's announcement. (See Roumers and News)

growler
5th Mar 2000, 02:39
With regard to bonus payments for clearing DD's, this is not entirely true. 25% of the bonus payable depends upon the level of DD's across the fleet over 1 year. If it averages out to be less than 1, you can expect the full portion or very near to it. This is not too hard to achieve on a fleet that is so new. Allowances are made for defects arising from manufacture faults (of which there are many).
The statement that many defects are cleared only to raise their heads again the next day is not true. I do not know of one engineer on the easyline who would clear a defect if not fixed. Many maintenance entries in the tech log end with the statement "B defect to remain pending crew reports"
Denzil; you're statement that all of the licensed guys are contractors is no longer true. There are only 2 or 3 conractors left now, and they are all avionics guys.
So, wether one should jump on board or not i am not prepared to say, I have tried many things on other's reccomendation only to be disappointed. What I am prepared to say is that I came here against the advice of others and am yet to regret it.

avo8
14th May 2000, 04:53
? so how much do they pay?

growler
15th May 2000, 01:53
If you are a licensed guy with 737 approvals about 31/32k plus 20/25% max bonus at the end of the year dependant on the following:
1) your own personal performance as assessed by your supervisor
2) technical despatch reliability of fleet
3) number of tech delays over 4 hours
4) average number of deferred defects across fleet.
Overtime is also payed for extra days worked.
For information only; this years bonus is shortly to be announced and is expected to be around 90% of the max possible. For a top earner that equates to about 9k before Gordon Brown takes his cut.