PDA

View Full Version : Airbus documentation

Bus429
29th May 2000, 22:15
Just back from the 5th Airbus Training Symposium in Toulouse. One of many contentious topics raised with AI was technical documentation (CAATS, ADRES etc).

It was pointed out that a lot of effort is expended both by AI and their customers in training people use this system. Having sat through an AI CADETS course, I think one has to be trained to attend the training course.

Any opinions?

Rusty Nail
30th May 2000, 04:45
I find the system pretty user friendly, once you have played with it for a couple of years. It is very helpful when trying to work to a M.M task number, as it goes straight to it. The only problems arise when your own computer system is down, and you have to resort to the good old reader printer. It is a very good system for trouble shooting as it saves a lot of time. My company is now getting the SRM's on C.D and say they are doing away with all the paper and microfilm (I thought you must have a hard copy as backup). This will be really helpful on nights when the computer is being worked on.

S.E.P Rusty Nail

JET SET SPARKY
31st May 2000, 20:08
click click click click click double click,
'effectivity? diagram? click click click back to i.p.c.,click ,mod,post-mod,pre-mod,click double click ,'thats not it',click ,click
'sod this i'll do a physical!'
------------------------------------------
it's french, and it's NOT clever

Multi-X
1st Jun 2000, 01:51
If you have a multi CD server ( not changer)it's OK, otherwise the wait for the disc drive to swop between the mm & IPC can be slow & frustrating but still better than trying to get the tapes to load.

Not all PFR codes tie up with CAATS but again it is just time finding your way around. The examples AI give all work & are not examples of whatare seen daily. ECAM warning is there but not the related maint message.

At least we just get new discs every 3 months rather than a load of amendments.