PDA

View Full Version : A330/B744 VOR Intercept

vicleecy
2nd Aug 2005, 12:10
Hi Capts,

Can anyone one of you tell me, in brief, the operating steps to intercept a VOR-radial on A330? I assume it uses the MCDU for it and Comm Panel in case of emergency? I know how to get the data from RADNAV page, but how to active a particular radial?

Your helps appreciated!

Thanks much!

semper fi
2nd Aug 2005, 12:54
Assuming you have access to a 330 MCDU make a direct-to entry
(to the appropriate VOR) you will see two prompts on the upper r1 and r2 keys, type the radial on the scratchpad then line select it on either of the r1 or r2 keys. You will get a blue asterisk next to the radial you entered, select (press once more), that blue asterisk and you will be rewarded with an intercept or track out line on your nd with the word "manual" as your "to" waypoint.
your welcome.:O

vicleecy
3rd Aug 2005, 01:33
Thank you Sir..

yes I ahve access to FMGS pilot guide and FMGS trainer and the sim, just can't wait to know it before reading the text...Hahaa....thanks anyway....I am digesting the Airbus FCTM Cd-ROM, and FCOM....hope to answer some questions on this board too..

guclu
5th Aug 2005, 09:24
comm panel ?

I think you mean the RMP !

On the other hand what you do with the above defined procedure is a FMGS based VOR flying . So you should check your A/C's Nav Accuracy is High for the procedure. Otherwise (I do it always) you would need to set on the Rad Nav page of MCDU the radial (for outbound) and course (for inbound) and set Hdg-Vs to Track-Fpa and set your ND display to VOR and fly it manually via selected tracks !

Frank Poncherello
5th Aug 2005, 15:42
Hi All,
Realise we're talking about the A330 here, but on the A320 one can intercept a radial by using the DIR TO function. Press DIR TO and on the 3R or 4R (cant recall exactly), there is a RADIAL IN and RADIAL OUT blank box. Insert the appropriate radial in this field. The aircraft wil continue ahead until intercepting the radial. (think one needs to pull HDG mode first),......

Something like that anyways

:}