PDA

View Full Version : BAA Ground Ops. (greenkeepers) Tw*ts or what?

Rusty Nail
27th Feb 2000, 00:40
I would like to find out the feelings of people who have come into contact with these so called upholders of the airport bye-laws.

Denzil
27th Feb 2000, 04:17
Nine out of ten times they hinder the situation from a engineers point of view.
I must admit that watching the marshalling can provide entertainment, it certainly isn't carried out IAW the ANO. I wonder what the flight deck boys make of it.
Another point is why they get such a hard on from having speed traps within the airport.
We all have jobs to do, but these guys take it too far. The phrase "jobsworth" suits them down to the ground.

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

HiSpeedTape
27th Feb 2000, 05:34
Not only BAA I'm afraid but a nationwide epidemic. Whole herd of them here at NCL

T-Brake
27th Feb 2000, 05:53
HiSpeedTape

Not just nationwide.

Ever been to Hong Kong or had to deal with the HKCAD?

Perhaps a new topic!

Eh?

spannersatcx
27th Feb 2000, 14:45
Originally posted by Denzil:

Another point is why they get such a hard on from having speed traps within the airport.

Tell that to the Crossair pilot who was runover and killed. There is a valid reason for speed restrictions.

Denzil
27th Feb 2000, 15:49
Spanners

Get your point, this does not excuse the yellow perils from driving in excess of the limit at all times. The rules should be for everyone. We all have a job to do, however I think we know more about ramp safety than they do. What qualifications are required to do BAA ramp safety other than being a member of the SS.

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

greycone
29th Feb 2000, 03:31
We have similar problems in Ireland.The yellow devil function is carried out by Aer Rianta Security.Testerone and very little brainpower is a requirement for the job.

greycone
29th Feb 2000, 03:33
Before one of them checks me for spelling I mean Testesterone.But then he probably can't spell :-) :-)

Duct Recovery
1st Mar 2000, 00:21
One of our guys got pulled over at STN last summer for not wearing a flouresent waist coat while driving the van!If you try and talk to the Mafia at STN you very soon get the feeling that the barrier is down, the lights are flashing but the train just aint coming. answers on a post card.