PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Recruitment

timzsta
1st Aug 2005, 18:15
It's up on their website guys & girls. Problem is when I have completed filling the thing out and click on the submit link I get :

"Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

Overflow: 'CInt'

/SPRINTPLUS/airlines/html/applythanks.asp, line 120"

Anyone else getting this?

Rumour I have heard is that the online application may only be open for a few days if that.

Freebird17
1st Aug 2005, 18:23
Nothing on the website when I tried a few minutes ago

RowleyUK
1st Aug 2005, 18:25
Nope, nothing here too......

What kind of experience do you chaps have?

sickBocks
1st Aug 2005, 18:35
Don't panic - I think the line of code is meant to generate a "Thanks for applying" message.

Pin Head
1st Aug 2005, 19:34
We have received all the applications we require for the current round of recruitment.

Thank you for your interest in Thomas Cook Airlines

Leo8
1st Aug 2005, 20:16
Where did you come across this?

On www.thomascookpilots.com there is no mention of recruitment or any online application to be found!

timzsta
1st Aug 2005, 20:47
Sickbocks - agree with that having looked at it and tried to make a little sense.

The site you need to be looking at is www.thomascookjobs.co.uk

Navigate the menu's and you will get to the application form.

Just emailed TC HR department asking what the error message was about.

Leo8
1st Aug 2005, 22:07
thanks a lot for that link. I didnt realise it had changed!

speedy688
1st Aug 2005, 22:24
What have people put in the experience section if you haven't had any previous flying jobs? Have you listed none flying jobs?

Is it worth putting down a company employee you know even if they are not a pilot (e.g. stewardess, travel agent)?

Thanks.

wheelbarrow
2nd Aug 2005, 07:34
Speedy,

Do you think it's worth putting down someone who is atravel agent when you want a pilot job?

NO.......

Northern Highflyer
2nd Aug 2005, 10:27
I received the same error message. Just hope the application went through ok.

angelorange
2nd Aug 2005, 10:54
I get this message after hitting apply button!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

/SPRINTPLUS/airlines/html/applythanks.asp, line 87

What to do !!!?????

no sponsor
2nd Aug 2005, 13:18
Got the same error. I would assume that the application has not gone through.

eghi r20
2nd Aug 2005, 13:30
well here is another one of these then !!

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0006'

Overflow: 'CInt'

/SPRINTPLUS/airlines/html/applythanks.asp, line 120

(to thee or not to thee....that is the Q..) excuse ye olde english

zerograv
2nd Aug 2005, 14:54
Looks like I was lucky in my attempt:E
Got:
Thank you for applying for a pilot position with Thomas Cook Airlines.
We will review your application and contact you to let you know the outcome.

If its of any help, I tried at around 01:00. Hope it helps!!!

Safe flights,
Zerograv

Strontium Dog
2nd Aug 2005, 15:24
I got a normal reply too as per zerograv :D

binzer
2nd Aug 2005, 15:24
hi
spoke to HR today about the problem, they said the application should still get thru, however they said try again as it should be up and running pm 2nd, low and behold tried again and it worked. happy hunting

eghi r20
2nd Aug 2005, 17:32
Ok...Take II... as its up & runnin

Website says tech probs try later blah blah..........

tried anyway.. same error (door slams shut again !!)

what to do !!

wondering
3rd Aug 2005, 08:48
Don´t hold your breath.

'We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our on line pilot vacancy application form. Please try later.'

Firestorm
3rd Aug 2005, 11:19
What to do? I'd give up if I were you . Makes it easier for the rest of us :O

timzsta
4th Aug 2005, 10:42
I just had another go - got a different error message this time.

Fine line between trying to get your application in, and having it rejected because you might have sent it four or five times.

Lolo737
4th Aug 2005, 14:33
I phoned HR this morning to ask about the difficulty submitting it and was asked to give it a few days as the website is only just up and running (new format) and they are aware of the problem.
Hopefully by Monday (my guess) we may be able to submit it properly.

Maude Charlee
5th Aug 2005, 08:54
No problem midday yesterday.

stansdead
1st Aug 2006, 16:54
I believe that TCX have put their online advert on their usual website for 2007 recruitment.

This seems to have started today.

Just thought you may want to know guys....

I haven't posted the web page, because I don't wish to be accused of advertising.

PPL152
1st Aug 2006, 19:39
And I believe it is just for ATPLs right... ?

french frog
1st Aug 2006, 20:02
Hello,

Do you know what are the minimum requirements
to apply to this scheme?
Med

Box the Tug
1st Aug 2006, 20:09
Stansdead
Thankyou very much for the heads up.

Regards

BTT:ok:

stansdead
1st Aug 2006, 21:58
All I would say is that things change all the time in EVERY airline.

I believe we have schemes for low hours pilots with CTC and Oxford.

That said, I would apply for every job going if I needed one. What's the worst that could happen? Get a rejection.... or you could get lucky.

If you haven't got the experience, you won't get in. But I don't know what the minimums are for a job with us this year.

YYZ_Instructor
2nd Aug 2006, 00:27
Did they actually hire anyone from last years recruitment?
I just wondering because the same post last year just died away after everyone had applied and no one came back to say anything about being hired?!?! :ugh:

stansdead
2nd Aug 2006, 09:07
people were hired last year. yes.

Canada Goose
2nd Aug 2006, 10:15
........... and what was the level of their experience ?

stansdead
2nd Aug 2006, 11:00
From ex military to cadets I believe.

pushapproved
3rd Aug 2006, 09:31
Well spotted Stansdead, I was registered for e-mail notification but didn't get one!

Ta :ok:

yorky drifter
3rd Aug 2006, 10:49
Hi Guys,
Have had a quick look at the site, and wondered what the difference between modular and self-improver training is? I always thought it was the same. Excuse my ignorance!

Cheers

YD

pushapproved
3rd Aug 2006, 10:50
I ticked both modular and self improver!

Pilot Pete
4th Aug 2006, 00:20
wondered what the difference between modular and self-improver training is?
Can't speak for TCUK, but the terms are post-JAR and pre-JAR, generically speaking.

PP

Jinkster
4th Aug 2006, 09:50
Pilot Pete is correct - Self Improver is pre-JAR

captwannabe
4th Aug 2006, 11:15
That's for schemes they run through those FTOs for 0-fATPL.

How We Recruit

Our minimum requirements for pilot recruitment are:

MCC Certificate
Current Frozen Air Transport Pilots License ( CAA or JAR license issued by UK)
Current Class 1 Medical
The ability to work and reside in the EUDirect Entry Pilots
This is handled by our Flight Operations Department and is only available on-line. CV's are not accepted.

jayteeto
5th Aug 2006, 15:00
Interesting, I applied and received NO error message, in fact I got no message at all!! If there has been no e-mail reply, does this mean it didn't go through?????? Paranoia Class 1.......

Jinkster
5th Aug 2006, 19:38
I didnt recieve anything via email either.

yorky drifter
6th Aug 2006, 15:26
Me neither, just a thanks for applying message!

YD

jayteeto
7th Aug 2006, 15:30
That is what I mean. Was the thanks for applying an e-mail or the page that comes up after you press submit??

CPL_Ace
9th Aug 2006, 12:50
No email for me either - however, the closing date for application is not until 30th October. Surely no decisions will be made until after that date anyway will they? Unless they have an overwhelming response!! Then I'm sure we'll get an email either way.

jayteeto
9th Aug 2006, 17:08
I got a no thanks last year after 2 days, well before the closing date.

CPL_Ace
10th Aug 2006, 11:30
It may depend on the situation at Thomas Cook. We all know how busy all of the airlines are. We have caught the job opportunity in it's relatively early stages. I'm fairly confident that with the automated applications comes a mechanism to say yes or no. I would make an educated guess that at some time Thomas Cook will press a button on their computer which decides each of our fates and sends an automated email response.

Good luck to us all!

Airborne16
14th Aug 2006, 13:07
Hey Guys,
Just got a letter from Thomas Cook telling me that I have not passed the final stages of their recruitment process etc etc. The usual letter that congratulated me on getting so far and thanks for attending etc etc
However, I have not actually applied to Thomas Cook for any position, let alone attended any selection process or interview. I found this a little strange but also quite worrying that they had my name and full address.
Anyone else had anything similar?

stansdead
14th Aug 2006, 13:25
I once got a letter from them thanking me for my interest in their company. Alas, the letter told me that I was not successful at that time.

The only snag was that I already worked for them.....:eek:

TLBird
31st Aug 2006, 11:58
Hello I'm a new user, Ive been luckyenough to be offered an interview with Thomas cook. Does anybody have advice or experience on what is expected.Or on a profile for the day ?:confused:

TLBird
31st Aug 2006, 12:11
Hello im a new user, I have a thomas cook interview very soon and wondered if anybody could tell me what kind of questions are asked, or what the profile for the day is? any advice welcome:confused:

G-DAVE
31st Aug 2006, 14:51
TLBird, is it a pilot interview you are going for?

Are you low hours and applied direct to them via the website?

Any info would be appreciated:ok:

And good luck for getting this far, and for the future.

Bad Robot
31st Aug 2006, 16:34
Yes I wouldn't mind knowing what experience level you have. I have just been turned down with 8000 hrs mostly Jets. :{

BR.

bolty_1000
31st Aug 2006, 20:17
Id seriously consider contacting Mike Boulton on 07799887274 (www.fly-pft.co.uk).

He offers pre airline assessment training on a number of sims (B727 & B747 Classic) - ideal training before the sim check. Plus he is very knowledgable on the interview process. (I have first hand info that the majority of people who are visiting him first are getting through!!!!)

Give him a shout!

TLBird
31st Aug 2006, 21:25
Er yes sorry I wasn't very clear. Yes the job is as pilot I applied on line last week. I have a frozen ATPL and 485 hours so I feel incredibly lucky to get an interview.

jayteeto
1st Sep 2006, 18:26
Lucky?? I think not!! You applied for the job and obviously fit the bill for their requirements. That has been acheived by your hard work. Do not put yourself down. I got rejected with 5000+ hours and shedloads of experience, but I am not what they want, you are, so congratulations and good luck!!

Jinkster
1st Sep 2006, 20:47
23 years old, Male
450 hours
Flying instructor
5 years Air Training Corps, Current Civilian Instructor - RAF reserve commision on way
Gold duke of edinburgh award

REJECTED!!

Good luck TL-Bird:ok:

eghi r20
2nd Sep 2006, 11:47
Hi all
Have the on-line applications now closed or do i need IT assistance !!

thanks in advance

Roja
6th Sep 2006, 13:38
Hi

I just filled in the online application last night and hopefully will hear from then soon.

As a bit of preparation it would be great to hear from anyone who went through the last round of recruitment and could advise on the process and what their experience level was at time of application

Good luck to you all !

Roja

CPL_Ace
6th Sep 2006, 16:38
I've had 2 identical emails saying "no" and then a third identical email 2 weeks later saying....... "no"!

Talk about rubbing it in. Do you think I should double check to make sure they're sure;)

chipieflyer
6th Sep 2006, 17:02
Hi CPL Ace,

I had exactly the same. Got excited when the third one came through, I thought they may have changed they're mind but no such luck. They were just reminding me that I wasn't wanted!

Oh well, keep on trying :ugh:

buzzc152
7th Sep 2006, 08:32
I found it a little odd that the application didn't want any details of what kind of hours you have i.e how many multi, how many IFR etc. So, on paper an instructor with 800 hrs spend single engine circuit bashing is the same as a guy with 800 hours incld 500 muti IFR. Without wanting to belittle anyone here, the guy with the multi IFR time is (probably) of far more interest to an airline.

CPL_Ace
7th Sep 2006, 11:18
That said - I have an integrated background with Multi IR and Jet sim time plus a background of hobby flying on the C152. If that's not what they want then what??? Possibly an age thing?

i wrote back telling them how disapointed I was etc. but would welcome any info and feedback that they could give. They said I needed some more command hours on jet. Then I should re-apply.

Pizzaro
7th Sep 2006, 11:33
CPL

Did you contact them via e-mail, ikf so what address did you use?

Regards P.

Roja
12th Sep 2006, 02:25
Hi All

Must be someone out there with experience of the interview procedure that will tell us all what to expect, or not in my case as I havent heard from them yet :{

Roja

Fortune535
11th Oct 2006, 09:20
Just been to the TC interview.

A relaxed and informal hour spent with 1 HR person and 2 Pilot managers.

Simple process, start with a few loosener questions to get you talking,"When did you first want to be a pilot?" etc, nothing taxing.

Moves on to your CV and you'll be asked a bit about previous jobs /experience, and your interests.

Then the technical qusetions start. You ahould know what a Perf A aircraft is, how is it defined? What are the performance criteria of a Perf A aircraft. Refresh your memory on the segments involved from start of take off run all the way screen height, gear up, clean up acceleration and climb. what are the considerations to be aware of during each segment? You should know what all the V speeds are, and what the critical stages are of this part of a flight. Don't worry about knowing it all backwards, a broad understanding and how you answer the question is most important.

Be relaxed, and make them feel comfortable in your presence. They're mainly looking for someone who they can sit in a cockpit with for an extended period having not met you before, do the job and then go out on the town later without wanting to throttle you!!

Piece of cake. :)

Good luck.

Zest
20th Nov 2006, 16:06
Hi,
I have been on Thomas Cook recruitment website http://www.thomascookjobs.co.uk/USER/airline/pilot_recruit.htm :
"Direct Entry Pilots
This is handled by our Flight Operations Department and is only available on-line. CV's are not accepted."
I could not find any link ??? and was wondering if one has any idea if the on-line applications is closed, or do i need IT assistance as well ??
Thanks

Zest

ramjett18
20th Nov 2006, 23:09
Hi
I think you might be a bit unlucky if you are thinking about applying. I believe their online application closed a while ago as they now have completed their recruitment for this year.

R18

Zest
21st Nov 2006, 07:16
Thanks R18, I'll wait 2007 then ;)

BYALPHAINDIA
27th Nov 2006, 01:15
That said - I have an integrated background with Multi IR and Jet sim time plus a background of hobby flying on the C152. If that's not what they want then what??? Possibly an age thing?

i wrote back telling them how disapointed I was etc. but would welcome any info and feedback that they could give. They said I needed some more command hours on jet. Then I should re-apply.

By what you have said, I would think that your age would have gone against you?

Unfortunately most Airlines don't want anyone over the 30-35 barrier, But the older person could be more experienced and have better people skills for the job?

I don't know what they mean by 're-applying', more command hours on Jet - which Jet? yours or theirs hu? That sounds like a better way of saying no thank you.

It's a C22 situation for both parties.

Best Wishes.:ok:
Regards.

gliderone
11th Feb 2007, 09:03
Hi All,
Ahead of the possible emergence of a Thomas Cook 'sponsorship' at Oxford Aviation later in the year, I was wondering if anybody would like to comment on the company, it's practices and general terms and conditions. What are their basing policies and rosters like? Any information would be very much appreciated! :)

scroggs
11th Feb 2007, 11:55
Try a search in 'Terms & Endearments'.

Scroggs

scameron77
28th Apr 2007, 16:31
I've just been invited to one at very short notice, its my first with an airline and Im chuffed to bits as you can imagine. Done a search on here but most of the info on here is a little out of date.

Can anyone advise on some of the technical and personality type questions they were asked?

i.e.
On a 757 what sort of .................., and
Give me an example of when .......................

Running themes seem to be:
Define Cat C aircraft/Perf A aircraft/Cat A airports
Actions on an EFATO/V1
Recall actions for TR applicants
Flap schedule
High speed flight

and for the personality stuff it seems to be:

Give examples when you have shown leadership/worked as part of a team
Describe your faults/motivations/plus points

Format of the day and ideally the level of questions asked of people already holding a TR opposed to CPL/IR only holders would be greatly encouraged and appreciated.

scameron77
29th Apr 2007, 00:47
In answer to a number of messages I've been sent by privately, here is additional info on how I got the interview, however still nothing tangible regarding the interview content from anyone:

Finished a 757 TR last week after completing my base check at Manston.

Called TC on Thursday, spoke to the relevant contact there, was told summer hiring complete and to keep an eye on the website. Was polite and courteous and to be fair the person I spoke who no doubt has to deal with numerous calls every day from everyone from newly certified PPL passes to CPL/IR holders to TR'd candidates like me took time and was kind and helpful, a rarity so far I've found.

Friday afternoon . . . phone call, something has came up in past 24 hours, new developments, can you attend an interview on Monday?

Over the moon, now need to clinch it.

I'm under the impression it a mixture of right place, right time and me holding a TR. I'm surprised because I went modular and also not via CTC which is normal low houred route in I believe.

Wellington Bomber
29th Apr 2007, 10:01
May I ask a question?

Why did you choose the 757 if you were paying for a type rating rather than a 737 / A320

Also if you went modular which would mean to say that you were trying to save costs, all of a sudden you have 20k to buy a type rating?

Also if you balls up at Tcook I would advise trying Jet 2 as they are expanding into 757's all the time.

scameron77
29th Apr 2007, 10:39
You asked three questions :)

First question, 757 why:

Heaviest aircraft someone with low hours can fly (over 108T MTOM)
Combined TR with the 767
In past year lots of UK based companies going for the 75/76 because they can pick them up from the desert in California where they are furlowed for much less than getting a new 73/320
I felt the job market was more boyant
If I had a 73 TR under my belt, if needs demanded it I may have considered Ryan, yuk
The 757 has a nice mix of EFIS and raw data instruments, a good start on the jet tranistion

Modular, spending 20k question:

I went modular because I got more flying for a lot less money.
I did this in Los Angeles where my cross countries were to Las Vegas, San Fransisco, San Diego, etc.
I didn't want to go to a pilot factory.
I wanted to also gain some life experience from my training, not just turn up and have everything laid on for me, even meals.
I didn't want to pay the aforementioned pilot factory a significant surcharge to cover their marketing expenses.
In the current climate, I decided I had to do something to make my CV stand out from the rest, so I bit the bullet and took one step back to hopefully take 2 forward.
I believe what I've done shows initiative, drive and has also removed a fair expense and element of risk from any potential employer.
I should realise a better starting salary, I have more control over the direction of my career as I shouldn't be bonded as a cadet.
The amount I've spent so far is roughly equal to a 230 hr CPL/IR course with FTE/Oxford/Cabair.
I have an FAA ME CPL/IR, JAA fATPL, MCC and 757/767 TR, ultimately I'm more employable (subject to work permits) than most.

Finally, thanks for the alternative advice with respect to Jet2 and the positive vibes, ever considered being a motivational speaker?

dfspilot
29th Apr 2007, 11:27
well all i can say is good luck with the interview, from what i can see you have thought out your strategy from the start and i want to wish you the very best of luck. keep us informed of your progress. onwards and upwards. where did you do your TR?

scameron77
29th Apr 2007, 11:31
Cheers mate,

Kind words (and on PPRuNe too, who would have thought it :) )

I did the 757 TR with Bond Aviation, if you go for it let me know, I get £100 for a recommendation :ok:

dfspilot
29th Apr 2007, 11:39
wilco, well it is sunday, but you are right you dont normally get a reasoned reply on pprune. i asked in bizjet forum about a sstr for bizjets ( look under bizjet type rating )and got my head taken off. but in this day and age i dont think i have any option but to go that route like you did. i too went modular but getting that first job is like asking nasa to be on the space shuttle. anyway its sunday ,its kind of sunny and you have an important day tomorrow , so relax get a good nights sleep and be yourself tomorrow. i hope they see the potential.

SD.
29th Apr 2007, 11:40
Scameron, good luck :ok:

It's quite a coincidence actually, your training and reasons behind it are almost identical to mine :eek:

Except I'm waiting for a bit before taking the jump of a 75 type.

Wellington, in response to you questioning a 75 TR.........

Why do they call the A320 'a clitoris rating'? Every $&$%'s got one!!!!! :}

scameron77
29th Apr 2007, 12:03
Well DFS,

About a year ago I called Gulfstream, I spoke to the EMEA Sales Manager and posed the question if I was to get a TR which one would he suggest.

The reasons for doing so was this, oil price had doubled in the past 24 months, however the cost to extract it from the ground hadn't, consequently lots of extra cash floating about inthe Middle East, secondly, the Asian tiger economies. Both India and China are boombing, lots of new wealth.

I was advised that sales of Gulfstreams in the past year was through the roof and the orders for the year ahead were very boyant too. I was also advised that the long body, long range jets such as the 450, 500, 550 had problems with crews because of the instability of how long you'd be away from home. If the VIP says I wanna go to New York, you go to New York.

Hope that maybe helps

And if the flying doesn't work out for you, I'm sure the sofa scene will adequate recompense you, despite 0% finance for 18 months.

However we digress, anyone, anywhere, got news on Thomas Cook?

Wellington Bomber
29th Apr 2007, 16:32
Scameron 77

Thanks for the advice on being a motivational speaker!

Likewise for yourself on being a future financial adviser with your £100 recommendations:ok:

scameron77
3rd May 2007, 09:19
Got news yesterday at 5pm, I was sucessful and offered contract subject to a sim check in Luton.
Woooooooeeeeeeeee yip yip yip hubba hubba, schemon muthafu:mad:er

dfspilot
3rd May 2007, 10:09
Very Well Done. You Must Be Pleased As Punch!!!!! Now Go Have A Few Beers And Enjoy The Moment.

scameron77
3rd May 2007, 10:40
I understand the sim check is v v v tricky, however looking for assimilation of information and an improvement on each attempt.

Its an unwise man who counts his chickens before they are hatched.

So no beers as yet, that will come in between signing a contract and getting fitted for a uniform if successful.

dfspilot
3rd May 2007, 10:48
true, so why post this then.Got news yesterday at 5pm, I was sucessful and offered contract subject to a sim check in Luton.
Woooooooeeeeeeeee yip yip yip hubba hubba, schemon muthafu.
give yourself some credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scameron77
4th May 2007, 01:42
Well Daley Thompson I'm sure was full of elation after winning one of the events in the decathlon, but wise enough to be aware he was still shy of the podium.

Bambe
4th May 2007, 04:50
Right answer man! Good luck

SPLIT-FFMTCC
7th May 2007, 02:40
I dunno if that was meant to be a compliment or sour grapes dfspilot,

However, I've just secured a sim check with TC and was wondering if anyone could give advice as to the format and profiles?

Haven't used pprune for about a year and its so refreshing :)

IT2Pilot
1st Jun 2007, 12:37
SCameron77, when did/do you start for ThomasCook? What did the interview include, and what was the profile for the (757) sim check?

Old King Coal
18th Jun 2007, 14:58
scameron77 dare we ask how the sim ride went? One imagines that you do still have the job? Does the uniform fit? Did you get to drink those beers?.... Come on, spill the beans.... what happened? :E

monkeyboy
18th Jun 2007, 15:54
Ooh, Old King Coal, you could be ever so wicked for asking that if the answer is not good, but then again, on the other hand you could come off as being a nice guy genuinely interested in the aforementioned's sim check!

But I do agree with you, do spill the beans!

scameron77
19th Jun 2007, 01:34
Well here is the deal, I went for the interview within a few days of doing my base check. I informed them that my documentation confirming the rating was with the CAA.

I was informed 2 days later I had passed and selected for a sim check at Luton probably in the early evening 10 days later, but I'd receive confirmation later.

I was called at 3.30 the Friday before the sim check (scheduled for 9am on the following Monday) asking for confirmation of the course being completed. I then got onto my TRTO and asked them to send fax confirmation through. The TRTO sent a fax confirming I sat the LST on XYZ and did the base check on ABC and my file would be released to the CAA upon receipt of my outstanding balance.

Needless to say the final invoice for my TR was received the day after the first interview and I had intended using all of the full 28 days available before paying it back, that gave me extra breathing space, especially if I failed the sim check. If I passed it then I'd be on a FO salary and with less money worries. There were also a couple of discrepancies with the bill that I wanted the TRTO to confirm before I released payment.

I subsequently find out the TRTO doesn't release the documents until the candidate settles their bill.

The result of this fax was a phone call from TCX in which my integrity and honesty were questioned which I felt was unfair and incorrect. Also my application would be not taken any further. They felt that back at the first interview when I said the documents were at the CAA was incorrect based on the fax.

I also explained that the TRTO I went to filed and posted the updated licence with the CAA on my behalf, this was also questioned by TCX and suggested that they had never heard of a TRTO doing this. Well, the fact is my TRTO did do this and have always done so. I left all the forms, confirmation of the £108 payment on leaving the TRTO.

As you can imagine I was both gutted and on the verge of tears, first jet job interview with a major carrier and it all went tits up over essentially nothing. However in hindsight maybe not the worst thing ever to happen to me. I also lost £170 for a flight to London.

What have I learned from this, choose your words carefully. Assume nothing, with respect to instructions or people giving you the benefit of the doubt. People at the top are never wrong. Chase people up continually and read the small print.

Old King Coal
19th Jun 2007, 05:35
Oh Dear ( I do almost wish I hadn't asked )... it's almost enough to make a chap feel sick and therein, as you suggest, it's certainly something of a salient lesson.... and one takes it that you did eventually get your type-rating issued?

Oh well, what can one say except better luck next time!