PDA

View Full Version : Who was in the Tiger Striped Puma in the rain?

SASless
1st Aug 2005, 15:31
A very nicely painted Puma in Tiger Stripes passed us Saturday afternoon heading north....in the Manchester VFR Corridor. Waited for you to pull up alongside.....were you afraid of the door guns?;)

cobaltfrog
1st Aug 2005, 15:54
It was a Puma from 230 Sqn on the way back from helping out at the Royal Naval College Open day in Dartmouth.

They did a grand job in chucking out the raiders for us.

CF

Kita Chari
6th Sep 2005, 09:51
Hi, it was me! The weather was a bit punk as I remember and I didn't want to get too close when overtaking in case you had to avoid some low cloud. Also, I couldn't see a crewman so I was not 100% sure you had seen me. Are your initials NA? Because I believe he was due to fly a UH-1 to Blackpool and NA flies the Air Ambulance from there. If I had recognised the voice as NA I would certainly pulled closer alongside and given some abuse! Cheers, PG.

SASless
6th Sep 2005, 13:05
Indeed it was....the poison little man....he was the one in the cabin with his trousers down pulling a face in your direction.

We kept waiting for you to pull alongside....and wondered if it was the door guns you were afraid of. We had seen you for miles after the nice lady who hides in the instrument panel announced your presence.

I will tell the gentleman of your post and see if I can entice the wee man to visit here. :ok: