PDA

View Full Version : JAR 66 - A conspiracy?

Blacksheep
16th Feb 2000, 09:15
Does anyone share my suspicion that JAR 66/JAR 145 is a conspiracy to overcome the engineer shortage by "Dumbing Down" instead of Paying Up? I mean, JAR 66 seems to remove certification from the hands of those doing Heavy Maintenance, handing over responsiblity to those who produce the work specifications - Planners and Technical Services. Since these people (Me included!) don't certify, they don't have to be paid for the additional function. The check foreman will be the only one left putting his name to the job, but he's already being paid to do that anyway.

Line Maintenance will still certify rectification of defects, but that covers mostly single tasks and component replacemments. Under JAR 66 even the experience requirements for hangar technicians is minimal. By employing people to perform a limited range of tasks without full training in the whole aircraft environment the job content is reduced to the semi-skilled level and wages can be kept down. I'm not usually a pessimist but JAR 66 doesn't look Honest to me http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Through difficulties to the cinema

[This message has been edited by Blacksheep (edited 16 February 2000).]

H721
16th Feb 2000, 13:59
I read a trade magazine saying that FAR Part 66 was ignominiously withdrawn after 10 years of discussion. Hope that JAR 66 / HKAR 66 would not meet the same fate.

Can anyone gives some input on FAR Part 66 ?

------------------
Not much of an engineer