PDA

View Full Version : Which exam to choose?

Martin1234
1st Aug 2005, 11:40
If you are doing the helicopter ATPL exams under the interim arrangement and you do have the option to choose , which one is the "easiest" one to get away with;

Airframes and systems etc ATPL(A)

or

Airframes and systems etc ATPL(H) under the old national syllabus

I suppose that the latter is more relevant to helicopters but on the other hand feedback might be better for the (A)-exam.

Which one to choose?

helicopter-redeye
1st Aug 2005, 12:15
The (H) AFS is an easier paper and more relevent under Interim. There is less stuff in it.

Martin1234
1st Aug 2005, 16:51
Do you in the (H) exam get any questions which are only applicable to helicopters?

Can you expect to find that in the (H) exam some of the questions appear in the ATPL(A)-exam as well? Is it basically the ATPL(A) exam without the fixed-wing only questions or do they have a seperate question bank for the (H) exam?

Thanks.

helicopter-redeye
1st Aug 2005, 17:21
Its a different exam but some of the question and subjects are common (a gas turbine is a gas turbine ...) but there are specific H related questions. Some A topics appear to be excluded.

Of the practice q's from the course material I'm using to warm up for the exams from I'm looking at actually recognise the helicopter as a separate type of aircraft to a fixed wing ("Helicopter fuel systems must be arranged so that ...") etc

PM me a fax no and I'll fax you a few pages. I have some AFS(A) for comp if interested as some of the questions must be common.

h-r:)

Martin1234
18th Dec 2005, 17:45
I now have to choose which Airframes etc exam I'm going to take.

Is the Bristol feedback good enough so I should pass the aeroplane exam if I learn most of the 760 questions in the database?