PDA

View Full Version : JAR-OPS for EK?

mascarpone
1st Aug 2005, 09:03
I keep hearing that EK will also be moving to a JAR-OPS like all carriers in the region, is this a DGCA requirements or just a natural evolution of OPS?

doubleu-anker
1st Aug 2005, 09:50
To run a JAR-OPS compliant outfit all crews will need JAA licences.

Global Nomad
1st Aug 2005, 10:29
Could always file for an exemption.

vfenext
1st Aug 2005, 12:36
To get JAA licence's the country concerned must be a member of JAA and since the UAE is not then I'm afraid it won't happen. Lots of company's or authorities are JAR compliant without being members though, it's very common. JAR is seen as something to aspire to I suppose. Sooner UAE joins the EU the better eh!!

EGGW
1st Aug 2005, 13:07
Except at EK, we shall be different and call it CAR-OPS, how unusual http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

EGGW.

vfenext
1st Aug 2005, 13:56
You will find CAR OPS is the same as JAR.

Bart O'Lynn
1st Aug 2005, 16:27
I understand that EK has been jar ops compliant internally for some time but the management wont upgrade the experienced jar ops and are bringing in direct entry jar ops instead, but not on the airbus fleet.;)
It is rumoured that it may take internal jarops upto 7 years to upgrade while The direct entry jar ops document has only legislated narrowbodies as well and doesnt know much because it hasnt been in dubai for ever. Just the other day in the crew room i had to legislate for a direct entry jar ops whod never taken of in a desert, never been on one of our routes and had the temerity to try and be my legislator, ooo the nerve. its not jarops fair.:8

gccpro
1st Aug 2005, 17:55
To get JAA licence's the country concerned must be a member of JAA and since the UAE is not then I'm afraid it won't happen

Apologies but EY is JAR-OPS certified and they are UAE based, unless AUH is Different from DXB in that certification matter.

turtleneck
2nd Aug 2005, 05:46
at ek it will be AAR-ops anyway.
AAR-ops means fdt as open as the richter scale, however compensated by no crm.

max AB
2nd Aug 2005, 13:48
gccpro, I believe that is what vfenext said...you can be compliant but not a JAA member, therefore no JAA liscence.

BYMONEK
2nd Aug 2005, 13:50
Unless you already have one , that is.....!:ok:

dicksynormous
2nd Aug 2005, 15:22
At least there is something we have in common then bymonek;)

Shame about 80 % of your colleagues though, but i believe they were refering to company operating licence vis a vis compliance only. Not the drivers.

BYMONEK
2nd Aug 2005, 16:28
Hello dicksy

There is a distinct possibility that you and I might get through this forum without falling out............ for once! You are right regarding maxAB's post.
On that note, you've got me thinking about that % figure you quote. Although there are lot's of brits here(15-18% at least) majority of whom still have/revalidate their licence, there are also quite a few Europeans who hold JAR so i'd imagine the figure is at least 30-35% who do hold JAR. I know of several guys as well from D'under & Zim who hold these. I guess you'd call it 'an insurance policy'.

harry the cod
2nd Aug 2005, 16:35
BYMONEK

Beware, matey.....it's a trap! He's lulling you into a false sense of security before he opens up with both barrels, the slimey cad!:uhoh:
Harry

max AB
2nd Aug 2005, 17:07
I was refering to an operating licence, but as for the pilot's licence I have no idea, I would think the same would apply??

mascrapone
1st Oct 2005, 18:57
actully just heard soum pilts talking about it but I dont even know what i was talking abuot. it was just a attemt to get you all arguing again and then maybe the purser could take charge of the airpane.

wheres the captian. exactly.

let me pull my mars bar out then dip it in your coffee haha

Jack D
1st Oct 2005, 23:12
Actually, I suppose true JAR or JAA compliance goes beyond flight and cabin crew licensing or limits ; it extends to post holders
and management qualifications. Sadly one cannot have a VP engineering and flight ops, two jobs for one person, one cannot have a VP flight training who is also a chief pilot , if the number of A/C exceed a certain amount.

The final nail in the coffin would be to have a chairman who is also chairman of the GCAA , we can comply on a policy level but none of our "Postholders " with the exception of AS would be compliant, this includes the chief of IFS. In the final analysis there are strict rules as to who can hold a postholder position, we don,t comply due to lack of relevant experience and qulifications.

Jack

fatbus
2nd Oct 2005, 04:50
chairman of the DCA not the GCAA

Jack D
2nd Oct 2005, 10:02
You are correct, sorry about that .