PDA

View Full Version : King Fahd Dead

sirwa69
1st Aug 2005, 07:48
It's just been announced that King Fahd of Saudi Arabia has died.
Crown Price Abdulla has been named successor.

What, if anything, will happen now?

More importantly, how many days will we have off to pay our respects

On On

AMX10
1st Aug 2005, 07:55
40 days and 40 nights, that should result in a mini Baby boom in 9 months, oh lord, I can see Fitzcapr reaching for his phone to order more guns to kill these terrorists.

Bars will be closed tonight in Dubai,

Will Abdullah Replace him, or will it be Rumsfeld? Have they voted already?

It would actually make for a wonderfull end of career for Blair too!

:E

mascarpone
1st Aug 2005, 09:26
Where is the party?:E

Fitzcarraldo
1st Aug 2005, 11:00
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Payscale
1st Aug 2005, 11:13
AMX 10

Stirring the pot again..eh!

Are your folks back home, and too much time on your hands. Hope they come home soon, so you can stop embarrashing yourself.

Payscale :E

gccpro
1st Aug 2005, 11:27
Paysacle;

Was the BMX a fit?

EGGW
1st Aug 2005, 12:51
7 bloody days :mad: :mad: :mad:

EGGW

Fox3snapshot
1st Aug 2005, 13:05
Doooh! Only night off and the pubs will be shut!!!!!!

:{

Guess I will have to cry into my beer at home instead.....

DesertDiver
1st Aug 2005, 14:09
I don't know where this rumour of all bars being shut tonight in Dubai has come from.

I am a Hotelier and we have received absolutely no instructions to close up shop. Everything is subject to change, of course, but
it appears as though it is business as usual for the time being. There is still no word of any official mourning period.

If there is any change to this I will endeavour to keep you informed. In the meantime, I am off for a pint.....happy to buy any
fellow readers one if you send me a PM!

:D

gccpro
1st Aug 2005, 14:24
Desert driver your box is full!:E

sirwa69
1st Aug 2005, 14:39
Got this text from a mate earlier

"The King is dead, Long live the King. BBQ at my place starting at 5 tonight" :O :O

It's going to be wet and not pretty but I will have a sore head and no work in the morning :} :}

Managed to get the wife to BMMI for essential supplies before they closed. Phew :ok: :ok:

On On

Earl
1st Aug 2005, 18:01
A few banks closed this afternoon, normally open at 5:00 pm.
Was told sim sessions were cancelled but otherwise unless you watch it on the TV all is normal.

DesertDiver
2nd Aug 2005, 06:21
No live entertainment until further notice but alcohol can be served.

gccpro
2nd Aug 2005, 09:09
One week of mourning for "government" entities as of today don't know what private sector will get, the short end of the stick probably as usual.:\

Chimbu chuckles
2nd Aug 2005, 10:39
But do you classify the young chinese and Russian girlies as 'live' entertainment?:ooh: :suspect: :ouch: :}

Fox3snapshot
2nd Aug 2005, 11:25
500 Dhs says they are!

cat man do
2nd Aug 2005, 11:59
Hey Fox, I thought that was for a swap? Far too much for the other stuff, you are getting ripped off mate! Or are you the greedy type, 3 for the price of 2? Purr purr.:D

Fox3snapshot
2nd Aug 2005, 19:19
:( Need to sort my venues out, obvioulsy shopping at the more upmarket establishments....no wonder I'm not saving anything over here!!!!!!!!