PDA

View Full Version : B1900 V Jetstream 32

George Tower
31st Jul 2005, 21:50
Greetings from South Africa......

Everytime I do a Pprune search on the subject of light twins and regional turbo props most threads seem to originate in the D&G forums.

I'm considering setting up a small operation to meet a niche I have identified in Africa. The B1900 and J32 are two aircraft I am considering using. Are there any guys here that have experience of either or both and how do the two measure up against eachother.

Also a couple of the destinations I am planning on linking are quite far apart - we're talking 400-500nm. Are there any operators in Australia that use the above aircraft or similar on low density routes that far apart.

Many thanks.

Sqwark2004
31st Jul 2005, 22:08
G'day George,

There has been plenty of debate, about these two aircraft, on Dunnunda & Godzone.

Just do a search and take a look. You'll find a lot of bias remarks about each type. Just read between the lines and you should be able to see which is the better of the two.

Good Luck

S2K4eva.

P.S. Chances are this is going to turn into yet another cat fight about Origin and Eagle so hang on tight.

Westaussielame
1st Aug 2005, 10:13
Hi George,
You may want to try contacting Maroomba Airlines in Perth ,Western Australia who operate a single Jetsream J31 on mining crew changes over what I imagine would be similar distances.

Howard Hughes
1st Aug 2005, 10:45
George, Check your PM's.

Cheers, HH.

:ok: