PDA

View Full Version : Qhi RAFO

gremlin 030
31st Jul 2005, 19:13
Hi Guys,

Could anyone help me out with any info for the above? Living conditions etc.

Much appreciated

Regards

Grem

Fox3snapshot
1st Aug 2005, 06:04
As mentioned in the military forums, are your referring to RAFO, which is the Royal Air Force of Oman????

I've not heard of ROAF.

Cheerz
;)

gremlin 030
1st Aug 2005, 08:30
Yes your absolutely right Fox. I do mean the RAFO. So whats the gen??

Fox3snapshot
1st Aug 2005, 08:40
No worries, there are some others far more in the know on the boards that will help you with the specifics of QHI prospects and they will probably post soon.

As far as Oman goes it is a magnificant country and as far as I am concerned the jewel of Arabia!

The two main locations are Masirah Island where the Super Mashreks, Hawks and PC9's operate from and Thumrait to the south where the Jags are located. The loan service personel all seem to love the place for their own reasons and I can't say I have met any that have been dissapointed. The private contract work though is issue that I am not familiar with and hopefully somebody can help you out there.....

Ali Barber are you out there.......? :p

Good luck Gremlin :ok:

Black Sheep One
1st Aug 2005, 15:33
I've just returned from serving with RAFO, though not as QHI. Oman is a fabulous place and the Omanis are a fantastic bunch. I knew a few of the QHIs on the Huey and Super Lynx who were serving at Salalah, in the south. PM me if you want more in depth info and phone nos/email addresses.

N Arslow
2nd Aug 2005, 10:17
You are a QHI - therefore Salalah, Masanaa, and Masirah I think.

Hmmm.

Are you looking at Loan Service or joining RAFO?

What is your domestic situation?

So much depends on the answers to these questions.

You can PM me if you want my take on it.