PDA

View Full Version : HUY and DSA

AndyHUY
31st Jul 2005, 17:58
A thread set up to argue out differences, pros and cons and the region as a whole in terms of airtravel and other subjects!

Everything Flows
31st Jul 2005, 18:06
Oh dear. This is unlikely to be pretty.

AndyHUY
31st Jul 2005, 18:47
No but a healthy argument needs its own thread so to not clog up the Humberside Happenings!

People will choose with their mouse at the end of the day but i think some want the Humberside Happenings page for that only!

Up to you lot

Oh and please keep it clean:ok:

7006 fan
31st Jul 2005, 18:59
Good idea in principle Andy, but I fear that the comments will be repeated on the H-H thread.
Curious as to why the DSA thread is hardly ever used now, I know they have their own secret society; sorry web page, where you have to register and I.D. yourself to pass comment but...

:rolleyes:

Dash-7 lover
31st Jul 2005, 19:06
Thought Doncaster was DCS and not DSA ....... according to IATA??

7006 fan
31st Jul 2005, 19:51
You are right Dash 7, but I think the DSA is a bit of politiking.
D oncaster S heffield A irport.
D onC aster A irport upsets people!

It appears there has been another airprox at DCS

http://robinhoodairport.atspace.com

A helicopter this time.

chiglet
31st Jul 2005, 20:12
DCS is a VOR [Dean Cross] near Carlisle :ok:
watp,iktch

7006 fan
31st Jul 2005, 21:11
Now very confused the IATA web site shows the three letter code DCS (at least it is not DFS!!!), yet Chiglet indicates this is somewhere near the borders. Maybe IATA can enlighten, but I looked at their code identifier site tonight and there it was DCS.
:{ :confused: :uhoh:

Excuse my ignorance but what does 'watkp' etc stand for, I keep seeing this on other boards. I know wthih and so forth but, please enlighten. (if rude PVT!!!)

Many thanks

holidaymax
31st Jul 2005, 21:41
I know they have their own secret society; sorry web page

What do you call that sorry little site set up by 13 year old Humberside for the half dozen HUY supporters (including yourself)?

niknak
31st Jul 2005, 22:04
I feel that there is very little else to say, other than that time will tell....

AndyHUY
31st Jul 2005, 23:14
I borrowed this from the AirHumberside website, it was written by a Mr Ken Dodd:}

Been reading posts on a certain Robin Hood Website about Virgin using DSA as a base!

What are these peole on? If you find out ask if i can have some!

DSA will always be a regional airport i think peel have got too big for their boots and when the general public realise that they are full of crap in a few years time when the airport is base to a couple of lo-cos and a few charters there will be plenty of red faces walking around!

I think they should keep their heads below the clouds for the time being and try to be realistic!

A380 Sydney to Doncaster!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha a base!

Do you recon he looks like this?:}

What do you call that sorry little site set up by 13 year old Humberside for the half dozen HUY supporters (including yourself)?

Age should not matter, for what i can see he is very enthusiastic and like many people on this site hes also, very knowledgable.

You think there are half dozen HUY supporters? There are many more than that, plus the people who like the site so much that they have registered and use regularly.

Do you run a website? If so i bet it doesnt come near A H\'s!

7006 fan
1st Aug 2005, 07:02
Didn't know there was another site (sorry A-H).

So any further comment on the most recent airprox!!!?!!!
That makes four, when is the CAA gonna wake up or will they/DCS wait for gardens to be festooned with suitcases (and God, may that never happen!)

All the moaning is about the local GA bases -Gamston and Sandtoft, well both of those were operating before DCS commenced civil operations, who made the safety case for the DCS operation? They should be hung out to dry.

gary4444
1st Aug 2005, 08:04
Stop calling it DCS when it was RAF Finningley it was DCS, but now its changed its become DSA. If you don't believe me go to NATS!

MrDearne
1st Aug 2005, 09:14
well both of those were operating before DCS commenced civil operations, who made the safety case for the DCS operation? They should be hung out to dry.

I am not saying Mr 7006fan has got in for DSA, but when I passed his house the other day, in the garden, there was an Haitian Witch Doctor putting a voodoo spell on a model of the DSA terminal. And if you think that’s bad, you should see what 7006fan is using for the pins............

holidaymax
1st Aug 2005, 09:20
Been reading posts on a certain Robin Hood Website about Virgin using DSA as a base!

What are these peole on? If you find out ask if i can have some!

DSA will always be a regional airport i think peel have got too big for their boots and when the general public realise that they are full of crap in a few years time when the airport is base to a couple of lo-cos and a few charters there will be plenty of red faces walking around!

I think they should keep their heads below the clouds for the time being and try to be realistic!

A380 Sydney to Doncaster!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha a base!

I've looked at all of the Doncaster Airport sites I know of and not one mentions an A380 to Sydney..................I suppose when it comes from an "annonymous" poster on the HUY site its all true!

Virgin have been to look around the airport, I'm sure not even the "die-hard" HUY supporters will dispute that, but it doesn't mean they will operate from the airport.

AndyHUY
1st Aug 2005, 09:27
Dont realy want to dwell on the past but i think that ever since the idea of an airport at donny ws concieved it was definately going ahead no matter what, even though there are some great little GA fields in the area people are very short sighted, 'safety...Whats that? We want an airport'

I believe what really made it happen was the growth in air travel and the belief that an airport at donny would 'relieve the crowded london airports' I dont think this could be further from the truth!

People who supported the idea of DSA, when questioned if they thaught it would go ahead, always said it should but if it didnt they would blame John Prescott because he would want to stay loyal to HUY! He does seem to double up on things, two Jags etc...

Now that it has opened people have grown to accept its existance. Lets hope it does some good and grows the market in the region ready for HUY to poach some pax!

circseam
1st Aug 2005, 09:28
Have to agree with other posts, should of remained in H-H thread, two different airports serving two different markets (currently!) and the rest is just "my dads bigger than your dad" mentatlity......... lets leave it and see what happens in the future rather than pounce around struttting like peacocks

AndyHUY
1st Aug 2005, 09:32
Do you think? Which ever thread we go on though mate this constant going round in circles will continue.

Saying that i want the H-H thread to stay top of the board!

MrDearne
1st Aug 2005, 10:18
Now that it has opened people have grown to accept its existance. Lets hope it does some good and grows the market in the region ready for HUY to poach some pax!

I don't think there's any doubt about that. But there will be low points as well and HUY supporters will be waiting to jump in at a taste of misfortune. Same the other way around.
The wider picture is though..as been said many times before, for those in a 40 mile radius (which is not a lot by any stretch of the imagination......Scunny are sitting very pretty) the choices are getting better and better. More jobs are being created and the economy will rise.
Sometimes we try to cut off our noses to spite our face. Some HUY supporters will pour scorn, scoff and laugh at....say the prospect of Virgin operating out of DSA. I am not saying they will, but if they do just look at benefits for the region as a whole.

At the end of the day though, what we are seeing is sibling rivalry, and as much we try, it will always be there between DSA and HUY.
I have what can be described as a very stressful job (the high risk heart attack category). When I get home, and when I get chance to get on the comp (darn kids and all) this and the DSA forum are the ones I look at first. Sad? maybe..........but it's entertaining and it is certainly more up to date than than our respected official sites.

MerchantVenturer
1st Aug 2005, 10:51
If airport success was measured in PPRuNe bandwidth, HUY and DSA would be the two biggest airports in the country.

Do the train aficionados of the area argue with as much passion concerning the respective merits of Doncaster and Hull railway stations?

niknak
1st Aug 2005, 22:36
MV

Certainly not! Hull railway station is the end of the line, as is the city.
Doncaster may not be perfect, but it has a lot more going through and for it! ;)

AndyHUY
2nd Aug 2005, 16:38
With all the regeneration work going on in Hull come here in a couple of years and you wont be able to make comments like that! At the end of the day Donny is a tin pot town probably only significant due to it being a stop on the East Coast mainline, thats about it!

Leodis
2nd Aug 2005, 17:01
Luton was doomed when Stansted opened its new terminal
Manchester was doomed when Leeds extented its runway
Leeds was doomed when Humberside extended its runway
Teesside was doomed when Newcastle extented its terminal
Manchester was doomed when Easy moved into Liverpool
Humberside was doomed when Doncaster opened
Leeds was doomed when Doncaster opened
Nottingham East Midlands was doomed when Doncaster opened

Get the point?

There are enough people for all the regions airports to be a success.

chiglet
2nd Aug 2005, 17:05
So, Mr Mainwaring...we're all DOOOOOOOOOMED :ok:
watp,iktch

MrDearne
2nd Aug 2005, 18:49
With all the regeneration work going on in Hull come here in a couple of years and you wont be able to make comments like that! At the end of the day Donny is a tin pot town probably only significant due to it being a stop on the East Coast mainline, thats about it!

I spent a good few years studying and working in Hull (in the development sector) and it really is the most insular of cities. If I had a pound for every time I heard the locals believing Hull was England's fourth largest city, I'd be a millionaire. I am aware of the Ferensway Development project, and if it comes off..then great. Hull, however, is an extremely difficult place to attract outside investment and relies heavily on home grown established major companies for major funding, like Kingston Communications or the City Council. Doncaster on the other hand has seen approx £1 billion of investment in the last three years, with more to come. Most of this is external investment.
Doncaster qualifies for Objective one funding and can offer generous incentives for companies, but then so do Hull under Hull Cityvision Limited.
Hull is isolated and it's done well to re-invent itself after the collapse of its shipping, port and fishing industries. I hope you get to see your utopian Hull, put to say Doncaster is a tin pot town is a little churlish I would say. 1980's and 1990's I would agree but then the council was pretty corrupt and very guarded. Doncaster is playing catch up, and if you pay a visit I think you'll be surprised by all the developments.
I could be wrong because I am not in the game no longer….but I’m sure I read somewhere that only Leeds has seen more investment than Doncaster in the Yorkshire and Humber region during the last 4 years.

AndyHUY
2nd Aug 2005, 19:23
Drive through doncaster every week and some may say im biased but even to go shopping there, i mean i know hulls bad enough for 'chavs'. I think the small town mentality of Hull lets it down, i too have seen all this before but there is a hell of a lot of investment going into Hull at the moment that in five or so years it will be unrecognisable! I see it happening every day and never seen things being built on this scale before in Hull!

Have you heard of the plans for major development in the fruit market area? The major office building in the marina area? The regeneration of the east bank of the river Hull to extend the city centre? Of course the ferensway work which is well under way! The albion street car park will soon have luxury high rise apartments with the old edwin davis building to be pulled down! The quay west development which will double the size of the already large princes quay shopping center! The castle street 'cut and cover'

Its all happening here, just need to change the mentality of some of the people who live here!

P.S i wish they would call it Kingston instead of Hull, Imagine going to Tyne for a night out!

circseam
2nd Aug 2005, 23:53
Does this mean you will be posting less often AndyHUY?

Development watching!

I originated on the south bank of the Humber and visited Hull as a child / teenager and thought it as of a big trip to the big smoke, since moving to the north bank and living in a village on the cities outskirts, all I can say is............Bring on the development, bring in new industry......never known any city that relies so much on the service industry for employment.......but please can the people of Hull learn to pronounce their "h's"......where are you from "ULL", river "Umber" and worse still my child is picking it up.......Ya Knowrrrrrrrrr

AndyHUY
3rd Aug 2005, 08:50
Does this mean you will be posting less often AndyHUY?

No ill just sit back and read it in the 'ull delly mell'

Outside influence is what we need here, you can build all these new buildings but you cant change peoples attitude by doing so, we need to dilute this 'chav culture' a little. Might get some more diverse business' here. You dont get many cities in the UK right next to open waterways, could do 'ull' some good in the future.