PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sell PPL books

marts
31st Jul 2005, 14:02
I have the AFE PPL Series of books (3rd edition), plus the PPL confuser book. Where would be the best place to sell these.

They are brand new, never opened.

Thanks
Martin

BigGrecian
31st Jul 2005, 14:58
Would suggest Ebay - or pop down a local flying club and see whether anybody will purchase them off you?

metar
31st Jul 2005, 15:19
I actually MADE money on my confuser on ebay!

I would recommend the second-hand part of amazon for the text books!

Don't you want to keep them for reference though!

marts
31st Jul 2005, 15:52
I bought them last year in the hope I would have enough money to start my PPL training, but other things have taken over and I no longer have the spare cash to start my PPL.

I'd rather sell the complete series (unused and never opened) now, and purchase the latest versions of the books once I have the 4-5k spare to start my PPL - even if they dont change that much within a few years

Martin

normb
1st Aug 2005, 12:17
Hi Marts,

Could be interested in buying the PPL books, but living in Ireland. Will you post to Ireland,checked the link and it says you are only posting within UK. Please confirm.

Thanks
normb

marts
1st Aug 2005, 17:19
Hi,

Posting to Ireland shouldn't be a problem. The reason I put UK only on ebay is you quite often get people from the other side of the world (India etc), wanting to purchase the item.

If its northern ireland, it will be an extra £5 - as thats what the couriers charge.

I use www.parcel2go.co.uk who are part of DHL. If you win, and can find someone cheaper, then by all means I'll go with them.

Thanks
Martin