PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta Icelandic

Penn Doff
12th May 2000, 05:15
Any of you guys worked for them. The money mentioned is good so what is the catch.

------------------
"please report further"

aeroguru
12th May 2000, 15:16
You only get paid when on location with an aircraft.The Icelanders are on different contract terms than others,who get paid via an agency, maybe offshore.Do work for Saudia and many other airlines and tour companies
and are the Atlas of the pax world,sort of Hertz/Avis.A good number if you like to move around a lot and don't mind wobbling around on dodgy ladders working on a number 4 eng.
Probably best to haver your own accident insurance.But then isn't it typical for maintenance these days of bean counters rule?

6D9
6th Aug 2005, 16:35
I have been working for Air atlanta for about ten years as a ground engineer and I have had a blast. this thing about dodgy ladders might have applied 6 years ago but not today, we are very well equipped as far as ground support goes ,in fact probably better than any other line maintenance organization. The money is good because you are hired through a contracting agency which means air atlanta are not responsible for your taxes, pension etc... although you are well looked after while on base. genaral contract is 19 days on , 2 travel days and 10 days off.
go for it and have fun...alot of good people there

matkat
7th Aug 2005, 13:49
I worked for Them for about 4 years STAY CLEAR.