View Full Version : Wanna be like you

Windy Militant
2nd Nov 1999, 17:31
Hello All, I've been thinking of a change work for a while now and thought that as I've always loved aircraft and flying I might earn my living around like minded people. Having spent the last few years working for a bunch of applied accountants and wannabe programme managers all aiming for the "tent-th floor" * working down to standards that would make "Handy Andy" from changing rooms blush, I thought I'd try to join the happy band of the Bin flying wrench benda tribe*. The problem is how the hell to get a license I can't afford to front up the money to pay my way through an approved course as on the money I'm on now I can just about feed myself. Is there an equivalent to the self improver route as was. Can any body offer me some advice, apart form don't bother. All sensible replies gratefully received.
* See the café scrolls ancient PPRUNE wisdom.

spannersatcx
2nd Nov 1999, 20:05
Have a look at this previous link http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum10/HTML/000071.html

Be warned it's a long road.

Windy Militant
3rd Nov 1999, 17:50
Thanks Spannersatcx, my last attempt at this a few years ago was a bit disheartening as of all the companies I approached only British Midland had the decency to acknowledge my letter and they apologetically turned me down.

[This message has been edited by Windy Militant (edited 03 November 1999).]