PDA

View Full Version : who is compressor stall

thinking pilot
31st Jul 2005, 10:25
I'm thinking, maybe ex batchelor/NAC.

Is this correct, if so, one of the good guys in aviation.

thanks in advance

tipsy
31st Jul 2005, 10:41
Stallie is a fellow aviator, other than that I'm not telling:=

tipsy
:yuk: :yuk: furball:yuk: :yuk:
Don't lie, cheat or steal, the Government hates competition:ok:

swh
31st Jul 2005, 11:00
thinking pilot,

He is one of the good guys in aviation

:ok:

Continental-520
31st Jul 2005, 11:45
I don't know him personally, but he's a mate of a mate of a mate of mine.

Not too sure about his past, but I think he's in or has been a part of the RFDS...(?) at some stage.

Sheep Guts
31st Jul 2005, 11:53
Ah yes I remmember Stallie . I did some ICUS in a C402 with him once AKA VH-ATY. Dont know where that one is now. It was a colourfull machine when I flew it.

Swh I didnt realise you knew the CS? Maybe I do know you after all.

Sheep:O

Capt Claret
31st Jul 2005, 12:36
Rumoured to look good in the Timber Creek TuTu (pink). Have seen tutu on pub wall but not on said person.

Genial conversationalist, host and dinner companion. :ok:

swh
31st Jul 2005, 12:51
Sheep,

Hear he is flying a ski-equipped CASA-212 supporting the Australian Antartic Division (http://www.aad.gov.au/default.asp?casid=3032)

http://www-old.aad.gov.au/wb/imglib/small/20040903-img-4684-103849-small.jpg

Towering Q
31st Jul 2005, 15:20
C520...When you were living/working in the same town as Dawnie, Mr CS was driving a B200 next door. He visited the bar next door on the odd occasion. Ring any bells?;)

Amazing fellow who can't sit still for 2 minutes.:ok:

Sheep guts...if swh knows CS, and you think you may know them...then...I may know you.:confused:

The Voice
31st Jul 2005, 17:17
Genial conversationalist, host and dinner companion I'll second that.one of the good guys in aviation I'll second that too!he is flying a ski-equipped CASA-212 and that's his other passtime.ex batchelor/NAC and yep, pre all the .. well I guess we don't need to go there .... again :ugh:

:ok: Stallie

Not_Another_Pot
31st Jul 2005, 23:19
Top bloke is our stalled one.

He even sent me a 16mb picture once:}

OpsNormal
1st Aug 2005, 08:16
And I keep having to rotate the Boags premium stock through my fridge to ensure that there are a fresh couple should he venture to a tropical clime nearby even for a short while.....

D@mned difficult job that, keeping that beer fresh.... :}

gaunty
1st Aug 2005, 08:50
Yep that's him.
And the other guy who looks like him who's also famous, flys his own B707. :ok: :p

http://www.travolta.com/image/travolta_r5_c2.gif

the wizard of auz
1st Aug 2005, 13:38
Ah, me old mate CS. couldn't meet a nicer bloke. used to drop in here from time to time with his old employer and we would catch up for a chat and I would drop in over at his camp and have an ale on the odd occasion. spent a pleasant evening on a lake one new years eve as well. and Mrs stallie to be has a great set of coconuts. :}
TQ........... if maybe you know sheep guts and SWH and you know Stallie and Dawny and 520 and they know Ops normal, maybe I've run into you around the traps. ;) :p
strewth, what a little world we live in.:}

OzExpat
1st Aug 2005, 13:58
Yep I gotta agree with the sentiments expressed so far. I don't know Stallie as well as most of you, but have shared some really good times with him in CNS and, later on, caught up with him again - and met the Missus2B - in PER.

Gotta agree with Wiz about the said "coconuts" too!:D

Apart from all of that, Stallie is one of nature's gentlemen and a pretty swish scholar on all things aviation. He's also not bad at using words to create pictures in the minds' eye either, when he puts his mind to it! :ok:

tinpis
2nd Aug 2005, 01:03
Hes in this photo....

http://www.vkn.com/movies/topgun/successstory.jpg

Naughty S
2nd Aug 2005, 02:22
Sheep Guts

ATY lives in Cairns and is operated by Barrier Aviation.
barrieraviation.com.au
She is being well looked after and has recently had air conditioning fitted :oh: :ok:

Cheers

Howard Hughes
2nd Aug 2005, 02:38
Tinpis,

Where? At the back in drag?;)

Cheers, HH.

PS: I have worked along side the great man previously, although he probably does'nt remember me...:{

thinking pilot
2nd Aug 2005, 03:46
When is the great man coming on board.

Your fans are waiting.:)

OzExpat
2nd Aug 2005, 06:36
He doesn't get in here very regularly these days.

Towering Q
2nd Aug 2005, 07:24
Could he possibly be the Messiah ?:ooh:

tipsy
2nd Aug 2005, 07:58
Nice pearls stallie:E

tipsy

thinking pilot
3rd Aug 2005, 00:11
I propose we publish a book called, Stallies words of wisdom.

A must read for every NEWBIE.

Rudder
3rd Aug 2005, 05:04
This can't be right... People being nice on pprune about a fellow aviator.... Who hijacked the site ...

Reality is he's probably a little germ that is waiting to stab you in the back like all pilots if you believe half of what is on D & G.

Good for you Stallie!

thinking pilot
3rd Aug 2005, 10:21
The great man deserves to be returned to the top of the page.

All hail the new messiah

Not_Another_Pot
3rd Aug 2005, 12:58
Actually this is getting a bit God like. Whilst the Stalledone is a bloody top fellow there is another who may be even greater....... Yerp me:}

the wizard of auz
4th Aug 2005, 11:41
:rolleyes: onya nappy. seeya on the other side.

redsnail
4th Aug 2005, 13:37
Stallie?

Good bloke. :ok:

Towering Q
4th Aug 2005, 13:38
He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy!

Capt Snooze
4th Aug 2005, 16:16
The Thoughts of Chairman Stallie -

The little blue book!

Whitney
4th Aug 2005, 22:20
People being nice on pprune about a fellow aviator bloody novelty isn't it! :p

Hes in this photo along with you Tinny?

Reverseflowkeroburna
6th Aug 2005, 10:26
I had the good fortune to meet Stallie at the Avalon Airshow this year. Although our encounter was but a brief one, he seems a top bloke and working alongside him in that magnificent orange box is something I could well look forward too!

I just hope nobody sends a pink tutu south for him!!! :ooh:

..........and yes, this is a pleasant change for D & G! :ok:

Rudder
7th Aug 2005, 00:39
I think I've figured this out.

Thought you could get away with it CS.. alias Captain Snooze... alias Thinking Pilot... alias.redsnail..... alias.....???

tipsy
7th Aug 2005, 01:45
Rudder.......................

Reddo is way too good looking to be confused as/with Stallie.

tipsy

gaunty
7th Aug 2005, 03:55
BTW Reddo hows Junior?? Getting a run every now and then?

Who is it that says "Ride it like you stole it" around here:E

Capt Claret
7th Aug 2005, 05:03
Oh great Stalled One. When are you going to appear before us and take a bow? :}

OpsNormal
7th Aug 2005, 05:47
The off piste skiing is probably just too damned good!;)

redsnail
7th Aug 2005, 08:16
Jarse used to say that. :D

Incredibly, the sun's out, I'm on a day off and Junior's running well. Reckon I might be off for a ride soon :ok: It's a pity about the local drivers here though. Indicators don't work and lane discipline is non existant.... Oh well.

Gateway Customer
7th Aug 2005, 08:51
he is my father
could you please call to say hello sometime

tipsy
7th Aug 2005, 09:34
From this quote, Reddo must be in QLD already :D :D :D

" Indicators don't work and lane discipline is non existant.... "

tipsy

Don't lie, steal or cheat, the Government hates competition.:ok:

The Voice
7th Aug 2005, 20:46
Indicators don't work and lane discipline is non existant couple that with surreptitious beeping of the horn and waggling of the fingers resting on the outside of the drivers door, you have normal SOPs for driving on any road in India!!

compressor stall
8th Aug 2005, 08:21
OpsNormal got it in one - had been out the back country with a tent and skis on my pack. Funny the helicopter pilots you run into out there eh John? :p

One of the upsides of this industry is that you do get to meet some fantastic fellow pilots and have some incredible adventures with them in wierd and wonderful parts of our country.

The down side is that eventually you all move on to different states or countries and it is just not possible to remain in regular contact with so many of these great people.

Through all the muck flying around about backstabbing bitter and twisted pilots ready to sell their grandparents, there are some fantastic people in this industry that we have all had the pleasure of meeting, and benefit of working for/alongside. They are IMHO, a majority.

When you read of the doom and gloom, the backstabbing etc, turn away and think of the good people in the industry you have met. It certainly cheers me up! :ok:

Sheep Guts
8th Aug 2005, 14:33
Yes Stallie,
You are correct the amount of hours in your log or the career dissapointments are not the reason we are in this game. Its the journey getting there, the stories told,by some of us that make the long road home, even 4x4 tracks sometimes (dodge the landmines even where I am now) more pleasant. Nice photos of that Casa you sent me. They fly alot them around where I am at the moment.:)

Where ever you are keep the brown side down:O

Sheep

thinking pilot
9th Aug 2005, 10:55
Welcome back Sheep Guts,

Another great man and pilot.

All the the best.

PM me with an update.

Hottie
12th Aug 2005, 00:37
Dear Stallie and others,

Well, what a surprise to accidentally bump into this thread and hear the names of many legendary ppruners, and to hear of their adventures !

Well, I could rant on and on, however I do believe the topic of discussion was/is 'Who is compressor stall' ? Not that it hasn't been said already, but most definitely a talented and gifted individual. Perhaps, as one may say, the attributes passed on by wonderful Primary School teachers, such as Mr Ware, and Mrs Jones :) I have known Stallie for some years now, though I never EVER thought we would both become pilots and moreso bump into each other during memorable times in the Top End.

The descriptions very often heard encompass attributes such as intelligence, compassion, motivation, approachable, friendly and simply 'great guy' ! Stallie mate, good to 'hear' from ya !

As I type, I can fondly recollect on the Fanny Bay House-Warming Party a few of us held back in 2000... the dives into the pool..and oh, the cleanup the next day !!!!! Stallie was there. Strangely enough, you also come to mind the day many of us unfortunately were 'stood down' from Kendell Airlines, following the demise of Ansett, just 3 days after 9/11. Being required to transport myself alongside with 3 other crew members back to Adelaide (by road from Wagga !!!), Stallie was there, during a phone call to offer his sympathy and encouragement. Thanks again mate.

Stallie, I haven't the faintest clue where you are, and what exactly it is that you're flying...though I recall someone posting a pic in these forums recently of your machine - a CASA on skis. It would please me very much to hear of all your adventures and endeavours since the last time we spoke.

Your explanation about losing contact with many fantastic people we have all met in this industry couldn't be any closer to the truth. Residing in Hong Kong is one sure way of explaining this. However, as we ALL know (some find out the hard way whilst being totally legless in a Wan Chai bar) it is a VERY small world in which we live in. The pprune forums has proven to be another excellent opportunity in seeking out past work colleagues and life-long friends.... thanks pprune !

Stallie, please feel free to drop me a line...oh, and if you are EVER in Hong Kong, you MUST let me know - you can do ALL the skiing you like in Lan Kwai Fong....and I have to say, starting from 'Stormys' heading North, there's quite a downhill there for ya :) That's if one's behaviour towards nearby women hasn't done that already from excessive alcoholic consumption.

Cheers and beers mate... and to all

A distant but never absent ppruner,

'HOTAS' ;)

thinking pilot
14th Aug 2005, 10:42
Hottie, AKA NP, and brother TP two of the good guys who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

I applaude you for your professionalism.

All the best. If there were more guys like you in aviation I would have stuck with it.

All the best.

Thinking Pilot