View Full Version : EuroBerlin

Multi-X
2nd Nov 1999, 06:55
Contd. from “Is it always this quiet?” Page 3.

Growler - "Eng in the bath" married said girlfriend, at least on kid with her. Don't know if they are still together. Last heard of he was heading for OZ but this was about 4 years ago.

Bart in the CAA - well that would be a joke. I thought it was a requirement that you had to know something about aircraft! Even if he had got the job it would not have been for long as he would have had no one to protect him?
Lovely Irish saying which describes Bart - There are too many moving parts on a wheel barrow for that man!

How many pilots / engineers ended up marrying German girls by the end of the contract?

Phixer
2nd Nov 1999, 19:05
I find it remarkable that a requirement to join the CAA is a knowledge of aircraft <VBG> - over here the IAA know darned-all about aircraft. Just have to have been Brown Booters or "Lumpers" from Aer Lingus?TEAM (another misnomer TEAM means The Experts in Airline Maintenance) Huh!
At least the CAA have qualified staff who can make a decision based on knowledge.

------------------
Whoops! How'd that happen?

growler
2nd Nov 1999, 22:53
I can think of several pilots who either stayed in Berlin or similar. One F/o ended up as a skipper with Air Berlin and is still there I believe with his Frau, an ex Euro hostie. Another, foreign looking chappy with a fine English accent, sired a child but I think he ended up back in UK without his baggage. 'Larry' our ace mechanic is still in Germany with BA @FRA I think.

Multi-X
3rd Nov 1999, 06:43
Would the Chappy be a member of the Green party?

growler
3rd Nov 1999, 11:28
Yes!

JetMender
20th Nov 1999, 19:55
"Eng in bath"; last heard, he was working in in Singapore? (no longer with girl from TXL).

Multi-X
21st Nov 1999, 00:38
Surely you mean employed in Singapore rather than working in Singapore?