PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for..

SamGuest
30th Jul 2005, 22:19
.. Aircraft Dispatchers

Hey i was just wondering if you lot could help me with a few questions which i have, rather than wait for days if not weeks, for a response from a company such as ServisAir.

What are the requirements for;

-Height
-Weight
-Qualifications
-Work Experiance/Background

Thank's in advanced :)

Taffer
31st Jul 2005, 14:41
1)18+
2)Yes Please (waaa waaa waaaaa).......Male or Female
3)No restrictions
4)No restrictions
5)Mental arithmetic and communication skills useful, but not observed in all dispatchers.
6)No work experience needed, but an interest in aviation helps.

Just be ready for crappy wages though!

Fernando_Covas
31st Jul 2005, 16:52
Or just apply to Circusair. They will take anyone on.......

SamGuest
31st Jul 2005, 21:28
Thank you!

Real shame.. because at Newcastle theyre looking for temporary dispatchers and i think it would be a good place to start since i wanna work in aviation.

However, im only 17. I mean, ive had a badge to pass security and go into departure lounge at NCL before, as i worked in a shop there so i dont know if thats the worry, or insurance stuff.

Gutted now!

Oh and the wage which was stated is £4.85 per hour, doesnt bother me at all though, thats all i would get anywhere else

Full training will be given. Your duties will include supervising and co-ordinating aircraft turnaround. An minimum of 20 hours per week is available on a shift rota to cover Monday - Sunday 24 hours per day. May become permanent. All successful applicants must be able to satisfy requirements to hold an airport identity pass. The wage for this vacancy is £4.55 per hour plus shift allowance. For further information telephone 0191 2144357 only Monday - Friday between 9.30am - 5pm.

^The job advert, i am able to meet the requirements for an airport security badge, as ive already have one.

Full training will be given. Your duties will include supervising and co-ordinating aircraft turnaround. An minimum of 20 hours per week is available on a shift rota to cover Monday - Sunday 24 hours per day. May become permanent. All successful applicants must be able to satisfy requirements to hold an airport identity pass. The wage for this vacancy is £4.55 per hour plus shift allowance. For further information telephone 0191 2144357 only Monday - Friday between 9.30am - 5pm.

^The job advert, i am able to meet the requirements for an airport security badge, as ive already have one.

Fernando_Covas
31st Jul 2005, 21:59
Sounds like a Circusair vacency. I wish you all the best with them.

Taffer
1st Aug 2005, 10:44
Though you're not old enough for dispatch, you could see if they've got vacancies for meeters and boarders (help to take passengers through immigration, and help up at the boarding gate) or check-in staff.

The pay is the same, the responsibility is less, and you still get to see what the dispatcher gets up to, so next year you could move over to dispatch.

Just a thought.

SamGuest
1st Aug 2005, 13:17
Thanks, i might ask them later.

By any chance do you know the website for Circusair?

Fernando_Covas
1st Aug 2005, 14:30
www.servisair.com

Maude Charlee
1st Aug 2005, 15:18
Sam

Servisair at NCL always have vacancies for dispatchers, and despite looking to fill temporary vacancies, they always end up permanent (if they stay that long). The temporary thing is simply so that they can pay you terrible wages for 6 months, then try and con you into accepting an extension to your temporary contract by saying you have failed to perform satisfactorily. It's much more common in passenger handling than dispatch as we're not quite that dumb (close, but not quite).

Check-in is a terrible job, especially here at NCL, and there is limited movement between the departments. Depending when your 18th birthday is, I would hold out until then and reapply. Once you're permanent, you can expect a mighty £6.25 an hour, but despite the wages, the job is actually quite good fun as long as you can put up with the inability of the station management to address the long-term priorities of the business. It seems that the only management tasks they are capable of is the issuing of memos regarding the use of mobile phones and company dress standards. Staff shortages, broken equipment, lack of training, ineffective rosters and persistent short-term absences are all far less important and therefore do not warrant the necessary attention required to interrupt the latest coffee break.

PM me if you want to know anything more. ;)

SamGuest
1st Aug 2005, 21:05
Ah, i thought Circusair was actually the companies name, i thought i hadnt heard of it, lol, i was thinking eh? i can only think of Swissport and Servisair :bored:

Taffer
1st Aug 2005, 22:59
Maude, I had to laugh at your description of conditions at NCL and the memo-writing capabilities of the managers - are you sure you're not actually in GLA? :=

Seems it's not an isolated problem with the company, then......