PDA

View Full Version : I Wanna Work In Europe or the Middle East,Can You Help Me?

Monkey Grease
13th Feb 2000, 10:03
G'day there,
I'm an Aussie Gnd Eng in my late 20's who wants to experience a bit of contracting in Europe or the Middle East.My level of experience is 10 years in the industry and I've recently become a LAME on B767/CF6(a/f & eng),with additional exp on the 747(both).
Can anyone advise me on maybe what to expect as far as being able to get work,whether it be as a licence or not,what are working conditions like or the pay may be.
I know being an Aussie work visas are hard to come by,but can you get around this?What about agencies?Are they worth going through?
If anybody can help me out I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

oh_ring
13th Feb 2000, 18:13
The UK industry needs engineers. Try FLS (Stansted or Manchester), British Airways Maintenance Cardiff, JMC, Britannia etc.

greycone
13th Feb 2000, 20:19
If you want to work in Ireland check out http://www.flsaerospace.com/jobs/job_listings_dub.html .They are desperate for people at the moment so would probably get you a work permit.Also Aer Lingus Commuter are looking for people based in Dublin.I haven't got the full gen with me but they advertised in last Sundays papers here so if you need more gen I could get it.Dont forget your winter wollies,it's freezing here.
Also Aer Lingus are looking for people in Cork and Shannon.Again I have no details but could probably get it if you want.

aeroguru
14th Feb 2000, 00:19
Gudday mate,put another steak on the barby and get another tinnie out of the igloo!
I have worked with many Aus L.A.M.E.'s in the far east and middle east,but not so many in Europe.I have always found them very professional and safe, but like their countrymen annoyingly good at sports!Get the flight international mag and send off a one page flyer to some agencies like Qualitair and Monarch tech.svcs.No worries mate.She'll be right.

greaseytech
16th Feb 2000, 02:44
We got some Kiwis with us at the moment who seem to be all OK. They are contracting through AMR; it might be worthwhile getting in touch with them. Sorry, cannot with web sites or addresses. Best of luck.

Monkey Grease
18th Feb 2000, 04:17
Thanks to everybody who have replied so far,the info you have provided will certainly come in handy.

Cheers

Methusalah
18th Feb 2000, 12:44
If you really want to work in the Middle East you have, in order of preference:
Emirates(Dubai), Gulf Air(Bahrain, B767/GE), and GAMCO(Abu Dhabi). Usually tax free, accommodation provided etc. etc. but you will need to check it all out very carefully before you decide. Europe is great but expensive and not as good as the M.E. for saving.
(I'm an airframe driver, so listen carefully to your engineering mates).
(P.S. I forgot, there are at least three Royal Flights in Oman, Abu Dhabi and Dubai that might be worth a look, usually better conditions, operating B747).

[This message has been edited by Methusalah (edited 18 February 2000).]