PDA

View Full Version : AIX airborne again.This time with Foreign Pilots!!!

boeingdream787
30th Jul 2005, 20:40
Hi my aviation buddies! Just got to know that after the mass exodus of the 10(now 12.....)rated P1's from AIX ......they(AIX) have managed to spring back to their feet........only this time,completely dipped in Foreign ink....!!!They had retained about 6 ex pats from their earlier stint and have enrolled about 8 more(still no TRI/TRE).Can anyone please confirm this.And if so......what is the legality of the issue pls?? Can a foreign pilot work indefinitely in Indian skies(even with a mandatory break). And if so......then is it ok and justifiable to pay a foreigner so much more than his equally/more qualified Indian counterpart,while denying the Indian a job??
I think I smell some Labour Laws being violated here.Can somebody pls throw some light here.Cause I heard that all the AIX planes are gonna be airborne soon,but only this time with a COMPLETE ex pat pool.Minus of course a couple of brave,albiet foolish P1's who are in the making.Wonder what deal THEY have with AIX.....lol.Apparentely these ex pats would've probably been airborne sooner,but for the 2 day deluge in Mumbai.What a tragedy.:oh: .Cheers.

Left Wing
31st Jul 2005, 09:56
What labour laws? AI,AIX,IA are all violating them. What is this sudden trend to hire xpat pilots, while Indian pilots are being paid cr@p.

So are the FO's xpat as well? or 2 xpat cpats are flying the a/c which is not allowed by DGCA. Then again what can you about DGCA,the less the better.
:mad:

STOKKEN
2nd Aug 2005, 03:40
The exodus of pilot from AIX to another Indian Carrier left them high and dry . So they did what they had to, to get Airborne again. If it is hiring Foreigners so what the Indian pilots did not want the job anyway thats why they left. It sounds to me that you have a grievance with AIX, you cant have it both ways mate. If the pilots leave then AIX are entitled to do what it takes to keep flying. So if the pilots who left are now whingeing about Labour Laws etc etc,,,,, why did they leave in the first place?

Airlines manage in the end we are not indispensable...:hmm:

rsoman
2nd Aug 2005, 04:41
Agree with Stokken.

Anybody who is familiar with the routes AIX operates will know that the 4 months from June to September is where the real money lie! AIX is not a charity to gift their revenue away to the ME carriers.

Cheerio

Left Wing
2nd Aug 2005, 05:40
AIX guys quit coz the pay was bad, why will AIX not pay the same to locals? :yuk:

boeingdream787
2nd Aug 2005, 14:24
I fully agree with Left.......the AIX pay is quite bad. MOST / ALL the Capts who joined aix from other carriers had taken a 10% to 30% paycut to join up with AIX.So it was definitely not the pay packet which they were lured into joining aix.It was the working conditions which sucked the most.....!!! Such as no passages to new aircrew(even in emergencies...!!),no crew meals on board,no transport to certain crews....(FDC..!!),and one of the BIGGEST letdown was one for which every crewmember joins an airline......to be a part of its mainstream. AIX managment promised ALL the P1's permanent employment into the AI mainstream with completion of 3 years of service.This was also widely publicised in the AI advert,when looking for P1's.I do believe that the AIX managment have gone strongly back on their word citing union problems as the reason...(???).:rolleyes: .A small group of P1's i know are taking AIX to court,i believe(whats new) in the same regard.The "defectors",mostly left for bad conditions,broken promises and of course a certain lure that the mother company had posted to get them back in the form of much fatter paypackets......(approx 50 to 60% more than what AIX was offering).Let this be a lesson for all airline managers.......The Pilot may be dispensable......not his time....!!! Cheers.:ok:

Left Wing
3rd Aug 2005, 05:06
rsoman / STOKKEN,

If you guys were working for cr@p co. like AIX, you guys would not talk like managment but support other pilots.

An Indian pilot makes a HUGE career move when he thinks he will fly for the national airline AI at the end of it all; other than Jet airways A340 pilots every one dreams of one day flying for AI.

Till a few mths back it was the only airline in India that gave the pilot a chance to fly wide body jets. Sure a lot of good Indian pilots jumped to EK,EY, QR but these were Sr. Capts who went as FOs, so great is the lure to fly wide body & make some awsme $ while doing it.

So pls dont call the pilots fowl, look at the bigger picture.

rsoman
3rd Aug 2005, 07:23
AIX guys quit coz the pay was bad, why will AIX not pay the same to locals?

This is India ! And 95% of the comapnies the expats get paid more - not just in aviation but elsewhere are well.

I remember when Sabena started services to Chennai shortly before they went bust, they had hired local cabin crew who were paid a fraction of what their western colleagues flying on the same flight were getting paid!

"Local Terms" - I think is the word used here in India for such practices. Ofcourse all the technical niceties will be observed - the people at the bottom rung will not be employees as such of the organisation - but of a "associate" or "subsidiary" et all!

Come on , Left Wing - Dont tell me you are not aware of this! With a few exceptions, this is the norm in India!

boeingdream787
3rd Aug 2005, 15:10
I think rsoman has successfully killed a very important and pressing issue...!! Fully agree with Left Wing. ALL of you (i think),are pilots first and THEN managers!! Please remember that. NEVER EVER forget that please.So lets talk like pilots.AI is quite surely the Holy Grail in India....or at least it was till some time ago!!(this also includes the Jetairways 340 drivers,by the way,cause ther just ain't any non ex pats flying those birds yet).So why should a chance at joining AI be denied to a senior enuff capt,especially if it has been promised to him to begin with.Somebody is being hosed here and it definitely ain't the AI/AIX managment....!!!:ugh: