PDA

View Full Version : west air sweden (merged)

cargoflyer
8th Oct 2002, 15:58
Information in today`s Luxembourgish Newspapers mentioned that West Air of Sweden has applied with the local ministry to start operations out of Luxembourg. It says that they are thinking of putting up to 10 aircraft ex LUX and they are also looking for staff. :cool:

You can find more info under www.wort.lu (http://www.wort.lu) - although it`s in german language.

Cheers

Johnny F@rt Pants
13th Oct 2002, 21:55
Quite true, in actual fact they've been there since April, althought they still do not yet have an AOC. The crews that are employed are therefore contracted out to operate in West Air Sweden until such a time as the AOC is granted. They must be planning some expansion because they've just recruited a couple of crews, and by the look of my schedule they need more!

It's not only Luxembourg, they've recently bought Air Provence, or what was left of it, so now there's West Air france as well.

Who knows where next.........? I have my suspicions but I'd better not say.

CR2
15th Oct 2002, 08:30
Think the application for an AOC was turned down. No details though.

Johnny F@rt Pants
15th Oct 2002, 11:57
As far as I'm aware the AOC is still pending. There has been some difficulties but it's still alive and I believe that the LUX manager has a meeting with the transport ministry today.

wilber burroughs
16th Oct 2002, 19:27
true, westair are hiring for increased operations, including Spain which will be a money making operation...westair have a very good placement in their market niche and will need crews with ATP experience. conditions are standard, time-off on weekends and the aircraft are INCREDIBLY well maintained. the big door is revolutionary in concept..ld3 containers " roll on-off " system.
any ATP pilots wanna talk ATPīs ?

Flip Flop Flyer
17th Oct 2002, 16:10
Had the pleasure of visiting WAS up in their Jonkoping HQ couple of years ago. They came across as a throughly competent bunch, very professional and with what seemed to be highly motivated staff.

Their maintenance department is top notch; not all companies would have the know-how and skill to STC a cargo door conversion. Especially not a relatively small outfit like WAS. They also fitted 8.33 radios, TCAS, GPS and RNAV enabled their HS748s in-house. There are some very talented people in their hangar, I've got this feeling they head-hunted a few ex. Volvo and/or SAAB engineers. Nobody could ever call a Volvo or SAAB badly build or long on maintenance requirements, could they :)

I think we can all agree that the ATP was a dog for pax operations, but it seems that WAS got it just right when they added the large cargo door and fitted it for LD3 containers.

To make a long story short, I was rather impressed. Even more so given the relatively small size of the company.

Mach.99
23rd Oct 2002, 20:48
Do you have any contacts from West Air - Luxembourg?. Thanks.;)

fcit
26th Oct 2002, 19:23
Will the OPS be taken care of from Sweden or will they setup a complete new outfit in LUX?

menhir
30th Jul 2005, 16:52
searching any information regarding the company, the various bases, the conditions for an ATP F/O and interview requirements

Pittspilot
2nd Aug 2005, 18:13
Hi Menhir,

I attended their interview a few months back. It was straight forward. No tricky questions, actually none in the professional area, just personal ones.
Very friendly atmosphere sitting in Sheraton bar with Mrs. Langhard, Flightmanager M. Heed and the Luxemburg Chiefpilot.
They want you just for one base close to your living place, to keep your within your social network. Normal subcontract flights as a feeder four days a week. Every night the same tour eg. DUS-CDG and back. Not very exciting and not very good paid either. But they sign you a return of your TR cost if they have to lay you off due to loosing a contract.
They do look for twin engine experience! I was lacking that by that time.
As always just be your self.