View Full Version : Wages at Monarch!

spannersatcx
20th Oct 1999, 23:10
Replied to the ad in last weeks flt int for a & c engineers for Monarch. Had a call from recruitment agency today stating salary incl licence and approval pay 22,500 plus shift of between 3 and 5000. Is it me or is that not very good.

Horatio
20th Oct 1999, 23:55
Blimey, I think the hosties get more than that!...get another agency!

Multi-X
21st Oct 1999, 20:19
Wages bad, used to deduct shift pay if you were sick or on a course. Very petty. I hear that the atmosphere is not too good either.

growler
22nd Oct 1999, 08:54
As an ex employee (left about a year ago)I wouldn't reccomend them.If you are looking to get 'coursed up' then they are ok, as the bonding scheme they operate is decreasing over 2 years by 1/24th per month. If you get your courses 1 after the other you can work a year and only owe 12 months bond. Even then they do seem fair on negotiating it away. With regard to salary,for a dual licensed guy it was somewhere in the region of 17 grand per year plus licence/approval/shift pay. Only the basic 17 grand was classed as pensionable. I think now that they have included some of the initial licence/approval pay into the basic making it in the region of 20+ as a pensionable salary (the pension is of the final salary type). Morale/atmosphere is at a low ebb, (I still work at the same airport and see old colleagues quite often.) It has got to the point now where a new senior manager who was brought in about a year ago is driving people away, managers directly under him have either left or are asking to go back on the hangar floor as they cant work with him. He instigated a new shift pattern that everyone was against, and sent letters to the licenced engineers houses saying that if they didnt like it they could leave within a week's notice, several have taken up his offer, including 2 crew chiefs.
The manpower situation there has reached such a crisis level that anyone who introduces a new engineer who is taken on and stays for a minimum period, receives £800 or £1000 if the new starter is Licensed.
So,sorry for the length of this ramble,but my advice would be, unless you want the courses, go elsewhere.

spannersatcx
22nd Oct 1999, 21:40
Thanks for the responses guys, think I'll give it a miss.