PDA

View Full Version : Global supply systems pilot roster?

CX256
29th Jul 2005, 21:50
Hi all

What would be a normal roster for a GSS 744 pilot? I have seen flights from STN-FRA-PIK-IAH do one crew take the aircraft all the way or is there another crew waiting in FRA or PIK to carry on the flight. If they take the flight all the way that is 1 long day:?

CX256

Captain Airclues
5th Aug 2005, 07:42
CX256

One crew operates STN-FRA-PIK, another crew does the PIK-ATL sector and then another crew flies ATL-IAH.

Airclues

flite idol
8th Aug 2005, 20:40
What is the routing after IAH? Does it reverse course IAH-ATL-PIK-STN? Does anyone know the frequency of this trip? Just looking at a jump-seat option! Cheers.

Captain Airclues
8th Aug 2005, 20:51
flite idol

IAH-STN-DMM-DXB (one rotation per week)

Sorry......no jump seat options available.

Airclues

Jack's a dull boy
9th Aug 2005, 08:52
I really wish we could give you a lift, flite idol. Our hands are tied by CAA rules, which really could do with being amended so as to allow pilots (and preferably wifes of) to jumpseat.

flite idol
9th Aug 2005, 15:01
Okey-dokey guys, sorry I forgot GSS is on the G-reg. Thanks for the info and kind intentions!

Edited to add one more question: Out of curiosity can Atlas pilots jumpseat with GSS? Thanks.

trancada
8th Oct 2005, 16:26
Hello guys !

There's a recent advertisment on FLIGHT InTERNATIONAL this week , looking for first-officers .

What about salaries , promotions, expansion plans and working conditions ?

Thanks

klink
8th Oct 2005, 21:31
Indeed, is GSS a company you'd see as you final destination, or merely a steppingstone other 744 operators?

trancada
8th Oct 2005, 22:01
Klink

Probably I could see as final destination , depends on working conditions...

744 is an excellent type rating...

Regards

ikea monster
11th Oct 2005, 02:18
Dear trancada: Once you have got over the thrill of landing heavy metal at 302,092 kgs. You will then be faced with lots of long sectors as relief (you dont sit in the front for landing). As well as many long positioning sectors in BA World economy - ie LHR- JNB or LHR- HKG -PVG-LHR, the list is endless. Pay is terrible along with terms and conditions. Unless you are a BA 1st Officer on secondment as an Captain- Yes nil promotion prospects what so ever. The choise is yours. If I had your ratings!!!! try VS - At least they have CC.

Dan Winterland
11th Oct 2005, 02:45
And the 744 is not a particularly useful rating either. &44s are mostly operated by national or large carriers with their own training departments so they don't worry about recruiting rated pilots. They also have excessive times to command, esp on the 744. The smaller 744 operators, such as Atlanta are not neccessarily the best choice of jobs. There is some contract work around, but mostly for captains.

I have a 744 rating and don't ever see myself using it again.

trancada
11th Oct 2005, 10:54
Dear Dan Winterland and ikea monster,

Thanks very much for your informations!