PDA

View Full Version : let down in tz

406pilot
29th Jul 2005, 15:27
hi thyere fellows,

this happened a few days ago but our company was too busy covering up the mess that the big brother had made..(saa strike)

a let belonging to precisionair was on a routine base check with 2 captains occupying the front seats and another f/o behind somewhere when suddenly there was a very loud screeech as it flared down the runway and they couldn't taxi the airplane after the landing...thats right fellows precision air did another wheels up training accident now that makes it a hatrick for the so called tanzania's finest airline....

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

ps:all the 3 crew involved are gr8 guys and therefore their names won't be mentioned in the forum,but for well wishers pm line is always open..

ShenziRubani
29th Jul 2005, 19:32
:D I can't b-lieve it Brotha!! :cool: The boys keep up to the reputation.
Well, I'll make sure this doesn't happen to me on the Baron tonight :} :} :8 :8 :ouch:

406pilot
30th Jul 2005, 10:49
hi some new info to put the thread back on top...

they were practiising flapless landings when this happened,apparently from what i have heard and i stand to be corrected when flying the let u start by lowering the gear followed by the flaps and the landing gear warning is not active when the flaps are up???? sounded pretty odd for me too but i guess the world is full of abmormalities....

no more 406pilot..

Soap Box Cowboy
30th Jul 2005, 12:19
Intresting another LET down eh. Ever wonder if this is an insurance scam since they want to phase them out :E

Guess it was the LET from Bukoba, didn't they just overhaul that one.

I'm wondering how long it is before they ahve a major incident on the ATR's from what I hear they have come close a few times.

Ah flying in Africa, nothing like it, can't wait to get back into the bush once my wing is fixed.

406pilot
30th Jul 2005, 19:57
hi ,

i seriously doubt if this is a scam,im sure the insurance guy would have wisen up after the 2nd claim,but the phasing out news is confirmed though...im curious if the cowboy would like to share the atr stories,we are refering to Tanzania's finest airline here brotha.

yeah what a way to phase them out...

no more 406pilot

square leg
30th Jul 2005, 21:51
What a let down to hear that they let a let down during a let down?-)

Soap Box Cowboy
30th Jul 2005, 22:40
Hey 406 well I'll fill you in when I get back to Dar. But whilst your there check if they ever reported a flame out due to water ingestion on one of the ATR's. During that wet spell we had recently. God only knows what we are not hearing.

406pilot
31st Jul 2005, 08:27
yeah what a pity indeed,

however i dont think this particular let was on a let down..cause the weather was reported to be vmc on that day nevertheless this let has for sure become a late let...

no more let...sorry 406pilot

Renaissance
31st Jul 2005, 15:10
Greetings 406. I thought this might be the fourth Let 410 incident with this carrier...... They might as well do away with the training, coz they never seem to have unmanageable problems during normal ops...

Check your pm

Keep it safe

406pilot
31st Jul 2005, 18:03
hi bud....

yeah i bad at counting but here goes...let down in arusha...let down in kili and let down in dar all during training and mostly base checks aswell..your right they should probably do away withthese so called base checks...after all they are tanzania's finest airline....i have checked my pm's and it your turn to check em now..

no more 406pilot...

ps:heres wht i heard today...the former cheif pilot asked for start up and taxi requsting FL50 to znz on the tower frequency then he came back to load control asking why the passengers have not boarded the plane yet...he he he everyone knows im a modest guy but this is far from the finest tz has to offer????