PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ex-mil Techies

Wrench Wench
2nd Feb 2000, 01:54
A well placed source is putting it about that the JET CENTRE at North Weald are urgently looking for ex-Military Techies to work on JP's, Gnats, Hunters plus L29s, L39s and Soko Galebs amongst others. Will consider full or part timers. Licences not reqd. Also looking for avionics wizards plus Gnat electrician.

E-mail is [email protected] or fax 01992 522595

Denzil
2nd Feb 2000, 02:06
What a great opportunity, having worked so hard to get licences, an airline job (with associated perks) and some modern aircraft approvals to back track by 15 years. Only joking I am sure it will appeal to someone who misses the smell of OM15 and that feel of soft leather flying gloves against your skin.

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

Raffles
3rd Feb 2000, 01:08
Are you really a Wrench Wench? Nothing more appealling than a lovely lady covered in grease! I'd better go for a cold shower i've come across all excited.

------------------
"Tally Ho"

Wrench Wench
3rd Feb 2000, 09:54
Actually my other half is the Wrench and he tells me I'm his Wench!

A good time to inform anyone who is trying to contact the Jet Centre that they are suffering an extended power cut during the building work going on there which is designed to accommodate their expansion. Seems an over zealous council inspector of some sort ordered the juice switched off until various changes made. Computers and fax machines pretty dead at the moment but should be working again by Friday at the latest. Anyone interested try again then.

Must away and anoint myself in perfumed grease awaiting the attentions of Spanner Monkey :)

greaseytech
4th Feb 2000, 14:03
What is the money like? If it is upward of £30,000 pa then maybe you might have a few takers. The Gnats and Hunters are all right, but if there are any old F4's, then I would not touch them with a barge pole!

spook
5th Feb 2000, 00:36
Greasytech,
Shame on you - what's wrong with the old 'tome? I'm in process to scan some of the old photo's to see if you recognise ex-19 tx 92 or other wise, and will e-mail directly.

greaseytech
5th Feb 2000, 20:30
Hi Spook

If you read the thread 'The Airplane I most Dislied Working On' you would see that the Toom was top of my hate list. Since I have been in a proper job I have had no problems with engine changes, FCU replacemants or fuel tank work. I hated Phantoms and don't care if I never see one again. That said, the blokes on 19 and 92 were great.

Leatherman
5th Feb 2000, 23:54
Ah yes,the spey engined f4k.Put them on a carrier and you can imagine the delights we had.Buccaneer much abused and much better!