PDA

View Full Version : LYCOMING OVERHAULS

slider
31st Jan 2000, 15:58
Hello Chaps
Can anyone help?
I have been given the task of managing some aeroplanes with Lycomings 0-235 and 0-360. The scheduled maint is ok with LAMS checks and SBs and ADs but I must admit to being foxed by engine life and overhaul. I want to find out what options I have for overhauls. Top end, major overhauls or replacement? What can I expect to pay? Of course my licensed outfit will advise but it would be nice to go informed! :)

MOREBEER
1st Feb 2000, 14:57
THE INFO THAT YOU REQUIRE: THE 0-235 LIFE IS 2400HRS AND THE 0-320/360 IS 2000HRS IF YOU LOOK UP AD/ENG/4 AM7 IT WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN EXTEND TNE LIFE OF THE ENGINES DEPENDING ON THE OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE AIRCRAFT. READ THE AD AND TALK TO YOUR MAINTENANCE FACILITY. IM A L.A.M.E. MY SELF AND IM ALSO THE CHEIF ENGINEER OF A MAINTENANCE FACILITY IF YOU NEED ANYMORE HELP JUST POST A NOTE HERE AND ILL TRY TO HELP.......SEE YA.......

slider
1st Feb 2000, 23:19
Thanks MoreBeer :)

When is a top end overhaul required? I guess there is no hours limit but it is a compression thing? Do all engines need a top end overhaul sometime in their 2000/2400 hours??
How much are we talking for a top end, ball park figure???
£1000......£10,000 ???
Cheers
Slider

slider
1st Feb 2000, 23:22
Thanks MoreBeer :)

When is a top end overhaul required? I guess there is no hours limit but it is a compression thing? Do all engines need a top end overhaul sometime in their 2000/2400 hours??
How much are we talking for a top end, ball park figure???
£1000......£10,000 ???
Cheers
Slider

slider
2nd Feb 2000, 01:32
I guess I sent that twice then!

I see you are down-under so there is no point asking how much things cost cos it's bound to be a fraction of the extortionate cost here. Thanks for the gen though.

slider

[This message has been edited by slider (edited 01 February 2000).]

MOREBEER
3rd Feb 2000, 13:43
top overhauls have been abolished here. the only time the cylinders come off is at the enineers descresion. you dont gain anymore time extension if you top overhaul here.